opening external hard drive

bass4040

Limp Gawd
Joined
Sep 24, 2004
Messages
143
I looked at the seagate external hard drives and they are completely sealed, no screws. Is there a way to open it and use the hard drive for internal use or is it made specifically for external use only?
 
It's probably just a normal drive in a case. There may be little rubber thingies over the screws, if there's any soft plastic nubs on it they may cover the screws.
 
Mine is screwless too. It uses a wrap around plastic strap to hold the 2 clamshells together. I just pop off the ends and keep poping allong the seem.
 
Ya the strap comes on and off easy. It might be the same way with yours. Under a sticker along the seam of the 2 clam shells there might be a spot with a screw or in my case, a slot to stick a screw driver in to start the popping. I would get it would be on the bottom where it would be more cosmetic.
 
you say it comes off easy, but I wanted to know if I can put the strap back on in original condition?
 
bass4040 said:
you say it comes off easy, but I wanted to know if I can put the strap back on in original condition?

If your asking can you take it apart and reassemble it in such a way the manufacture would not know, the answer is probably not
 
Back
Top