OpenIndiana tells me I might need a "microcode patch" to avoid instability..?

Concentric

[H]ard|Gawd
Hey folks,

I'm not very good when it comes to the really low level stuff like the BIOS, but I've previously updated the BIOS on this Gigabyte GA-7A8DW motherboard (running Opteron 240 CPU(s)) to what I believe is the latest "F5" version.
When I boot the OpenIndiana LiveCD one of the things that comes up in the startup console blurb is this warning:
WARNING: BIOS microcode patch for AMD Athlon 64/Opteron processor erratum 109 was not detected: updating your systems BIOS to a version containing this microcode patch is HIGHLY recommended or erroneous system operation may occur.

I'm concerned because I want the system to be as stable as possible.
Any suggestions about how to tackle this?

For the benefit of others:
Ok, so there appears to be no solution at this point other than using Opteron models that aren't affected by Erratum 109 (see support.amd.com/us/Processor_TechDocs/25759.pdf).
As the message suggests, there ought to be a BIOS update to tackle the issue, but the motherboard is an old model and Gigabyte haven't released a more recent BIOS than F5, the one I have (http://www.gigabyte.us/products/product-page.aspx?pid=1060&dl=1#bios). Users of other boards might be more lucky.
My system is just for personal use so I intend to disregard the warning (whilst keeping my data backed up!).

Back