• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

OpenIndiana Driver Issues

jaw4322

n00b
Joined
May 26, 2010
Messages
58
So I decided to build a new ZFS NAS and i've run into a major issue. I have built a 20TB ZFS system in the past, but am in no way any type of expert...lol Pretty much after install i can only see drives off the motherboard and none on the 9240-8i card. Looking at the Device Driver Util, there are a lot of unknown drivers, with the 9240 being one of them. I have run the update manager with no change. Hoping some smart person her can help me out...lol Probably something easy. Appreciate it.

http://tinypic.com/r/2hqw2hf/6
 
Last edited:
I am just guessing here but did you flash the 9240 -8i to the IT firmware?
 
From my research, the 9240 cant be flashed to it-mode. I guess its already setup for jbod.
 
Well this is one of the things I ran into with OI. Try ZoL. It has the complete driver stack of Linux at it's disposal.
 
Back
Top