Openfiler with Fibre Channel?

sovs

Limp Gawd
Joined
Dec 27, 2006
Messages
166
Has anyone set up an openfiler server with fibrechannel?

I have 2 sun boxes with HBAs & I picked up a 2GB EMC fibre switch ($80) so an looking to hook them upto something.

I have an ibm hba ( qlogic card) so it it just a case of sticking that in a PC & booting up openfiler..?

Please post any experiences... thanks :)
 
1.4.

What hardware requirements are there for Openfiler?


Openfiler runs on any recent industry standard x86, x64 or OpenPower PPC64 system. Individual system components required include at least one network interface card, suitable storage space to create data shares on and export to clients. Openfiler support IDE, SATA, SCSI, SAS, and Fibre Channel storage.

Qlogic cards are pretty much the defacto standard in PCI FC cards, so go for it :)
 
Back
Top