• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

OpenAL driver for Realtek audio????

newls1

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Sep 8, 2003
Messages
4,628
Im using the onboard sound card that came with my DFI SLI-DR motherboard, which features Karajan audio (shows in device manager as realtek though) Im hoping there is maybe a driver update that will allow for openAL? Quake4 says "NO OPENAL SOUND DETECTED" and im having lots of "pauses" when sound it played. I downloaded the lastest driver from DFI website, but still is 4 months old.
 
well, I installed that newest driver, and it didnt do a damn thing :(
 
OpenAL is an API to drive hardware acclerated EAX sound processors. The only ones made are Creative Labs.

Sorry, but thats what on board sound gets you, no 3D acceleration.
 
BBA said:
OpenAL is an API to drive hardware acclerated EAX sound processors. The only ones made are Creative Labs.

Sorry, but thats what on board sound gets you, no 3D acceleration.

Ya, I know. I cant belive with all this technology we have, that onboard audio isn't more "ROBUST" you know what I mean. I said the hell with all of this onboard crap, and bit my cheek, and install my audigy2 card. :rolleyes:
 
BBA said:
OpenAL is an API to drive hardware acclerated EAX sound processors. The only ones made are Creative Labs.

Sorry, but thats what on board sound gets you, no 3D acceleration.

Not really. OpenAL is also hardware accellerated on nforce audio too. If you check the properties of the .dll, you will see that it's marked as being created by NVidia Corp and Creative Labs.

They also make a wrapper for non-hw accellerated units, so you can play OpenAL content.
 
Chastity said:
Not really. OpenAL is also hardware accellerated on nforce audio too. If you check the properties of the .dll, you will see that it's marked as being created by NVidia Corp and Creative Labs.

I'm surprised by your response. You should definitely already know that the nforce soundstorm was the only other chip to hardware accellerate EAX, but unfortunately, it is no longer available as nvidia dropped it.

It has not shown up on any motherboard other than the nforce 2 and the original X-Box.


As for the company and file information of the OpenAL.DLL file, its version information states "Portions (c) Creative Labs Inc. and NVIDIA Corp."
 
IMO, the soundstorm solutions were the only ones worth using. I never bothered to use the nforce3/4 solutions.
 
Back
Top