• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Open Source VPN for Windows?

Haven

Supreme [H]ardness
2FA
Joined
Oct 11, 2002
Messages
6,472
I have a small office I am setting up and they have one person that needs VPN access to the network. I have worked with IPCop for the past several years and have never found their VPN to be really ready for prime time. IS there another Open Source Firewall that has VPN capabilities that would be easy to setup a Windows XP Pro desktop as the client?

SHould I be looking at Clark Connect or m0n0wall or something else?

Thanks!
 
Openvpn is awsome, but it's not *that* easy to setup. But it does work flawlessly.
 
I've used Endian.....works nicely
SSLExplorer is another if you have a box at the office to run it...SSL VPNs seem to be the way to go lately...all browser based VPN.
 
Yep, YeOldStoneCat's on the money on that one. SSL based VPNs will probably replace PPTP vpns soon enough. I've used SSLExplorer and it's a great product :).

I use OpenVPN as well... works flawlessly. However, I must add, that if you want to use it in a domain environment, just make sure you get service dependacies right with the OpenVPN service - it causes quite a few headaches when OpenVPN is persistent in connecting before the physical network interface is up :\.
 
Back
Top