Open source drive imaging software . .

clonezilla.org

clonezilla is an opensource alternative to ghost. Its awesome when run from a live cd or as a PXE boot server. I use clonezilla server all the time to mass produce our untangle appliances.
 
CloneZilla is the poop. I've been using that for about three years now. I keep it on a small USB key in my sac, works great.
 
Not free, but I love Terabyte's products the best. One small fee backs up all operating systems, desktop or server. And it's 100% reliable.
 
http://www.macrium.com/reflectfree.asp
http://www.snapfiles.com/get/DriveImageXML.html
http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/copywipe.php

and probably my favorite alternative to ghost or true image
http://ping.windowsdream.com/

Easeus is very nicely done, but it's sloooooow

Honestly..I just grab the latest version of Acronis that the drive manufacturer offers for FREE from their website...It's installed and run though Windows, so no need to burn a CD or figure out 3x drive controllers. Honestly it's the quickest, and it's updated now 'n then so you have less chance to encounter a driver controller issue.
 
I really have to say clonezilla is the best ive used so far. It has DD, parted, partimage and works like a champ. The only problem it has is that it will not resize a partition to fit on a drive that is smaller than the original. Ghost will, as long as there is enough white space on the drive.

Using clonezilla, we can image a 250gb partition and compress it down to 400mb, depending on the amount of free space on the drive of course.
 
Back
Top