• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Open Letter To ATI

dook43

2[H]4U
2FA
Joined
Sep 9, 2005
Messages
3,056
Please enable bezel management for any display group, regardless of DDC-reported screen sizes.

Thanks,
dook43
 
You know letters usually work better when you send them to the actual people right?
 
You know letters usually work better when you send them to the actual people right?

They don't respond to any feature requests from the public. I've sent about 3 twitter messages to Terry and Shane and there is of course no response.
 
1. Write a decent letter. In acceptable letter format.
2. Give letter to Kyle.
3. Request that Kyle give it to AMD.
4. ????
 
Dear AMD,

Fix your drivers so nVidya trolls will have to come up with another joke.
 
Dear AMD,

Fix your drivers so nVidya trolls will have to come up with another joke.

Is this a nostalgic letter? Trolls just can't come up with new material but I believe the drivers are fine now. Well there was the GSOD but that was bios and small quality control problem.
 
Dear AMD,

You made a great set of cards this time. You've converted me from Green to Red. I originally bought your 5850 cards to save some cash, heat, and power consumption all for equal to or a slightly better performance of Nvidia's cards. However, now I want to Crossfire, and drop $600 in 3 monitors and a display port adapter.

You have tricked my pocketbook! :mad:

Seriously though, please release a cheaper DP to DVI active adapter by summer.

Thanks,

King Icewind
 
Last edited:
Fuck bezel management, tell them to put overscan controls back in.

Right click on desktop and go to ati catalyst control center
Choose Desktops and displays
In the bottom left corner there will be a monitor/tv right click it and choose configure
click scaling options

Overscan and Underscan will be right there
 
6. Either package the fucking displayport adapter or make it it so we can use the second card output in crossfire for Eyefinity. You don't even fucking warn people you cheap assholes.
 
Is this a nostalgic letter? Trolls just can't come up with new material but I believe the drivers are fine now. Well there was the GSOD but that was bios and small quality control problem.

lol..yeah ATI drivers are fixed...BC2 is just tricking me into thinking I'm waiting several times longer than someone with a Nvidia card for each map to load....damn mind tricks...must be the game that's broke.
and when get GSOD on the latest drivers, it's my problem...or it might be another part in my system that's causing it. I'll just close my eyes and pretend then.
 
lol..yeah ATI drivers are fixed...BC2 is just tricking me into thinking I'm waiting several times longer than someone with a Nvidia card for each map to load....damn mind tricks...must be the game that's broke.

Guess what, this is a DX11 bug with the game not ATI's drivers so it only happens on 5xxx cards (not 4xxx) and only in DX11 mode and GTX 4xx card owners are having the exact same problem. The ATI 10.5 leaked beta drivers have a fix in them to force shader caching and workaround the issue.

http://www.evga.com/forums/tm.aspx?&m=302859&mpage=1
 
Last edited:
Yea with my 5870 in DX11 mode, I'm always the first one into the map.. before with my GTX260 in DX9 mode I was almost always first into the map too... it might have to do with the SSD's too...
 
Guess what, this is a DX11 bug with the game not ATI's drivers so it only happens on 5xxx cards (not 4xxx) and only in DX11 mode and GTX 4xx card owners are having the exact same problem. The ATI 10.5 leaked beta drivers have a fix in them to force shader caching and workaround the issue.

http://www.evga.com/forums/tm.aspx?&m=302859&mpage=1

wrong, it's the same with DX10 on ATI cards, if it wasn't a ATI driver issue, then how could ATI attempt to fix it through there drivers.
cmon are you seriously that simple.
 
wrong, it's the same with DX10 on ATI cards, if it wasn't a ATI driver issue, then how could ATI attempt to fix it through there drivers.
cmon are you seriously that simple.

Didn't know it happened in DX10 as well, I read it was a DX11 shader issue. So perhaps it is a DX10.1/Shader 4.1 issue since the GTX 2xx series is DX10/SM4.0 only while Radeon 3000, 4000, 5000 and Geforce GTX 400 do 10.1/4.1? I still don't see how this isn't more likely a game code issue since 3xxx 4xxx 5xxx and GTX 4xx all have the issue, and they all do shader model 4.1 or higher.

Drivers can easily work around game code issues btw. That's why there's a lot of individual optimization and bug fixes to game through driver updates not just general performance/stability. If it is a driver issue I apologize.. I just saw the issue happened in GTX 4xx and it felt the commonality between them was more likely a cause.
 
Last edited:
only ati cards suffer the slow loading issue, don't know where you heard the nvidia cards also have issues
 
only ati cards suffer the slow loading issue, don't know where you heard the nvidia cards also have issues

I posted the link to evga's forums on the discussion up there, there's also a thread on here about it someplace. People using DX11 on GTX 470/480 reported slow load times, believe Kyle said something about it someplace as well.
 
lol..yeah ATI drivers are fixed...BC2 is just tricking me into thinking I'm waiting several times longer than someone with a Nvidia card for each map to load....damn mind tricks...must be the game that's broke.
and when get GSOD on the latest drivers, it's my problem...or it might be another part in my system that's causing it. I'll just close my eyes and pretend then.

People will never be happy with either camp. What I was saying was the terrible just working out of the box drivers from ATI's past is done with. However, there still some nagging issues that plague both.

Btw to help the OP out with his bezel complaint I think you should stop derailing his and start your own driver specific problem thread. Good luck.
 
Last edited:
wrong, it's the same with DX10 on ATI cards, if it wasn't a ATI driver issue, then how could ATI attempt to fix it through there drivers.
cmon are you seriously that simple.

Drivers fix game problems all the time. I'd even go so far as to say that at least 95% of the game rendering bugs and crashes you see are game problems - including those that affect only ATI or only Nvidia. Chances are *very* high that it is still a game problem. It is a testament to just how excellent ATI and Nvidia's driver teams really are. They get lots of shit and have to fix things that aren't their problem. I'd buy them all a round of beer

lol..yeah ATI drivers are fixed...BC2 is just tricking me into thinking I'm waiting several times longer than someone with a Nvidia card for each map to load....damn mind tricks...must be the game that's broke.
and when get GSOD on the latest drivers, it's my problem...or it might be another part in my system that's causing it. I'll just close my eyes and pretend then.

I'll take slow loading times over drivers frying my card any day ;)
 
Back
Top