Open Box

mrmylanman

[H]ard|Gawd
Hey all,

I was having some issues with my Biostar motherboard and I am thinking about just getting rid of it. It gets a little difficult to try and troubleshoot when the computer keeps locking up (no matter what OS I use) and half the time it won't even let me in the BIOS.

So, in the interest of saving money I was thinking about getting an open box motherboard. What all is missing from the motherboard? Also, what does Newegg ship the open box motherboards in? I'm a little concerned about defective parts and stuff, but open box does let me get a real good deal on some stuff out there...

Has anyone done this before? Thanks for any insight in this

I've bought two open box items from newegg in the past, one of which was a motherboard. It came with everything in the box that the retail package came with. However, a lot of people have gotten just the board and nothing else. The consensus is that the better the deal, the less stuff it comes with.

I purchased 2 x Intel Boards (Made by Intel) about a month ago that were open box from Newegg..

Both came in a plain white box with no accessories & no I/O shield.

Both were in perfect working order and were a great deal for me.
They were about 55% off normal retail price.

If you *must* have an I/O shield with your open box, check on Ebay or with the manufacture to see if you can buy one from them.

Back