Open Box Striker Extreme $257 Shipped

I have learned (the Hard Way of course!) that if you see an Open Box item at a very good price and you come here to ask (or anywhere else) if the price is good... you're already to late to buy it as someone else will snatch it up right quick :D

Happened to me on 2 items I was trying to purchase :(

Never buy open box items from newegg. They are just using you for their RMA testing department and having you foot the shipping bill in both directions when it doesnt work. Last week I ordered an XFX8800GTX and it worked for about 10 seconds then went to funky almost plaid colors all over the screen. They claim it was tested and returned from XFX in a sealed box. Instead the card came in a box with the seal sticker looking like it was cut with a key, real ragged cut. They then tried to tell me I had to go to XFX to get the card replaced. After 1hr on the phone with the supervisor I finaly was ably to return it for credit towards a new card, and got some of my shipping refunded.

Don't buy it unless you like testing hardware for some else.

On the other hand, I've purchased 10+ open box items from newegg over the years and haven't had to return a single one.

Never buy open box items from newegg. They are just using you for their RMA testing department and having you foot the shipping bill in both directions when it doesnt work. Last week I ordered an XFX8800GTX and it worked for about 10 seconds then went to funky almost plaid colors all over the screen. They claim it was tested and returned from XFX in a sealed box. Instead the card came in a box with the seal sticker looking like it was cut with a key, real ragged cut. They then tried to tell me I had to go to XFX to get the card replaced. After 1hr on the phone with the supervisor I finaly was ably to return it for credit towards a new card, and got some of my shipping refunded.

Don't buy it unless you like testing hardware for some else.

Last mobo I got open box came w. full retail accessories and worked like a dream. Don't judge purely from one experience.

Back