Ooh lala

DirtyApe said:
arent copper heatsinks better than aluminum? i have the SP-94 and it works great

nonnono this is argued on MANY threads.....copper bases with aluminum fins are most effective....copper is better at removing heat from the cpu where as aluminum is better at dissapating heat into the air......

oh..never knew that..so im guessing that the heatsink that this is guy is oolala 'ing about has a copper base whereas the fins are all aluminum...

xSyzygy666x said:
nonnono this is argued on MANY threads.....copper bases with aluminum fins are most effective....copper is better at removing heat from the cpu where as aluminum is better at dissapating heat into the air......

Not true. All copper is more effective. Especialy since the thermal properties of where the copper and aluminum are soldered arent too great.

all i know is almost every one of the best performing heatsinks are all copper, little more than a coincidence? If that sp-120 was all copper i would think it would perform better, just weigh like 5lb

xSyzygy666x said:

this is what the common consensus seems to be, but the common consensus is commonly wrong, as it is now ;)

all Cu HS's perform the best, Cu is the best at taking heat away and it's the best at dissapating it too (short of silver/gold/platinum, i'm looking forward to a solid silver heatsink lol). end of story.

Carnival Forces said:
this is what the common consensus seems to be, but the common consensus is commonly wrong, as it is now ;)

all Cu HS's perform the best, Cu is the best at taking heat away and it's the best at dissapating it too (short of silver/gold/platinum, i'm looking forward to a solid silver heatsink lol). end of story.

correct

Maybe we just *think* it's aluminum and he actually got one of those solid silver heatsinks that Carnival Forces mentioned.

I dont know, my lowly Alpha PAL8150 (30 bucks, shipped) seems to keep my 3000+ cool even at 1.8v, 2.5Ghz.... :)

I dont this it matter too much (copper with alum, or all copper) as long as the desing is good...

HiTech-Hate said:
what exactly was the point of this thread? so you bought a heatsink... WOW ... :confused: :confused: :confused:
Ahh let him be... you didnt have to post here then???

Hey it could be worst he could be one of thease guy OhhhLALA'ing about some thermaltake HS with a LED Fan on it...that costs 40 bucks and sucks balls...at least hes getting somethign good.....

"i cry evertime someone gets screwed by markting"

CellBlock said:
Maybe we just *think* it's aluminum and he actually got one of those solid silver heatsinks that Carnival Forces mentioned.

actually part of the xp120 is nickel :p.

Back