OO-defrag crashes after "netsh winsock reset" command.

Quantum

Limp Gawd
I bought a laptop (Acer TravelMate 5520G-402G16) a couple of weeks ago and everything was fine till one hour ago. I had a friend over to transfer some files to her laptop, so we connected directly laptop to laptop with a network cable and still everything was fine. Then I shut down my laptop and when I turned it back on I had no internet connection and every program trying to connect to internet was crashing. I had the same problem a few months ago with my stationary and solved it with netsh winsock reset command but like it says in the title, that command makes O&O-defrag crash with a 10014 error. I have checked up that number (not specific for O&O defrag) and it seems to be a winsock problem. I mailed O&O-software about the issue and I was told they would get back to me with an answer, but after 2 or 3 months I still have no answer.

PS
I'm running Vista Ultimate x64 and O&O-defrag x64 v10.0.1634.
For internet connection on the laptop I use a Netgear WGR614 v6 router and Broadcom (don't know which model) wireless card. For the stationary it's just a direct broadband connection no modems, routers or switches.

O&O has a frontend and a backend (I beleive) that communicates via the loopback adapter. So running that command probably forcibly unbound ti from whatever port it was listening on. Does it crash only when you run the command, or all the time after running it (even after reboot)?

It crashes all the time after running that command. OO-defrag on my stationary has been crashing since April I think. I can't even run the oodag.exe service.

Why are you constantly running the netsh winsock reset command?

...Then I shut down my laptop and when I turned it back on I had no internet connection and every program trying to connect to internet was crashing...

...Then I shut down my laptop and when I turned it back on I had no internet connection and every program trying to connect to internet was crashing...

"It crashes all the time after running that command", smart ass :rolleyes: fix your shit yourself.

"It crashes all the time after running that command", smart ass :rolleyes: fix your shit yourself.

Why do you bother posting here if you're not going to help me? Don't you have anything else to do? Must be a boring life you have. Anyway, back to the topic. If I don't run that command I have no internet connection and as I said all programs trying to connect crashes, so you see my dilemma. Like we say in Swedish, it's like choosing between plague and cholera.

Back