• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Only partial GPU usage in Collatz

Mr. Pedantic

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Sep 19, 2009
Messages
1,707
I just started running Collatz on my 4870, but it's only using ~26% of the GPU. At the moment it should take around 25 minutes per WU, does that sound right?
 
Collatz has two types of WU's. They have a mini and a regular. The mini takes only a few minutes (<5) to complete on a 5850 and a regular size WU takes about 25 minutes.

Are you running the latest BOINC manager?
 
Yes.

All my finished WUs took about 26-27 minutes to complete. Except under Application it says they're all "mini_collatz 2.09 (ati13ati)"...

My current WU says "collatz 2.09 (ati13ati)" and it's taken about 1.5 hours for 40%.
 
I think I was having similar issues. Check the Collatz forums. I believe there is an optimized client and command line settings, etc. It all seemed really complcated to me so I didn't try to tweak it, but I was only running Collatz short-term.

You may also need to try a different driver version. It seems like a lot of BOINC projects prefer older ATI drivers.
 
Back
Top