Only intel chipset drivers that install on Windows 8

dnottis

Supreme [H]ardness
This is the only set of Intel drivers that actually install without having to manually update the USB devices and other system devices. There is a newer set but they don't install properly yet. Just thought someone may be looking for a driver that works without the hassle of manually installing them.

http://www.touslesdrivers.com/index.php?v_page=3&v_code=4435

Yeah, I've noticed an issue with the downloadable Intel NIC drivers from their website. It'd install properly but the drivers messed up NETIO.SYS file for some reason.

After running Refresh installation and let my system use the drivers provided by Windows 8, it works now. No more BSODs. The drivers from Windows 8 are current with what Intel provided, so I don't have to bother downloading their driver installer.

This is the only set of Intel drivers that actually install without having to manually update the USB devices and other system devices. There is a newer set but they don't install properly yet. Just thought someone may be looking for a driver that works without the hassle of manually installing them.

http://www.touslesdrivers.com/index.php?v_page=3&v_code=4435

So even if you don't install 9.3.1022, then 9.3.1025 won't install? I haven't tried 9.3.1025's from a fresh install, but I thought new versions of the intel chipset drivers would install, unless you installed a recent version and thus none of your devices drivers were updated (because they cover many chipsets and devices and may have updated something that doesn't apply to you.)

So even if you don't install 9.3.1022, then 9.3.1025 won't install? I haven't tried 9.3.1025's from a fresh install, but I thought new versions of the intel chipset drivers would install, unless you installed a recent version and thus none of your devices drivers were updated (because they cover many chipsets and devices and may have updated something that doesn't apply to you.)

I just re-installed Windows 8 about a week maybe week and a half ago... I installed the latest ones on the Intel website, none of the USB devices were updated, they showed 2006 still. As did the intel devices under system. I then installed 9.3.1025 and nothing, still everything was showing 2006. So I manually updated everything to 9.3.1025, but I never know if I'm missing something somewhere else in the device manager. On another forum someone posted a link to these stating these install under 8 without an issue, where the newer 1025's still don't install right.

So after manually updating to 1025, I ran the 1022 installer and sure enough everything was updated to those drivers. I'm using a p67 chipset.

I'd just use these for now until Intel get things sorted out.

The reason I got into this was that my front USB ports werent working on my case in Windows 8, but they are in Windows 7. The driver had disabled itself. So I went in and re-enabled it noticing the driver date was 2006. Thus began the process of fixing the driver situation.

Oh hey, and something else strange... so I had disabled Windows Search for a few days due to the transfer issues. For shits and giggles I went back and re-enabled it. Haven't had a copy fail yet. Funny thing though I had this same bug with CP and RP. Whatever the hell is going on it seems on a clean install with Search enabled my copies die. I'll leave it enabled and see if I have any further problems. I moved about 300 GB in folders over the last few days now without an issue.

Intel_Chipset_V9301019_Win8_WHQL installed just fine for me.

You sure? Check in device manager under USB devices and system and check the driver date of the intel devices. Mine were all 2006 even though the driver said it installed fine. Also these are newer 9.3.0.1022.

Check this out...maybe they uploaded a new version of 1025.

Already updated several times to prepare the support for Windows 8, the driver pack Intel Chipset Device Software has just undergone a new update which, this time, to fully support Windows 8 and its publishing server Windows Server 2012. The entire INF files and digital certificates have indeed been updated in the Chipset Device Software 9.3.0.1025 pack that has just been published as previous editions had suffered only minor modifications. installation of pack Chipset Device Software for motherboards equipped with Intel chipset is a reminder, optional as native Windows drivers generally work well. It is recommended to install the various components of the motherboard and processor are perfectly detected by the operating system. This is especially true for newer hardware. Moreover, note that if these drivers Chipset Device Software have been installed on the computer. To update, it is necessary to start installation from the command line using the-overall. In this case, after decompression INF_allOS_9.3.0.1025_PV.exe file, run the command interpreter CMD, go with the cd command in the directory where the files were unzipped and run setup.exe-overall. Drivers Intel Chipset Device Software 9.3.0.1025 WHQL

Updated: After checking, it seems that the installer of these drivers not working correctly. The file will probably be updated by Intel in the coming hours to fix this bug. In the meantime, you can use the previous version 9.3.0.1022

Source: http://www.touslesdrivers.com/index.php?v_page=3&v_code=4461

Yea the /OVERALL switch re-installs everything. I'm wondering if the copy issue was related to old drivers for the chipset that had previously not updated on your system, since you've been messing with these drivers in this way only recently, correct? Hmm, I'm going to go check my device manager driver dates now as well. Good info, thanks.

Edit: Sigh, I ran the 9.3.1025 with /OVERALL, and it locked the system, necessitating a reboot. After I booted again, I ran the 9.3.1022 with the /OVERALL, and they worked. So a word of warning about trying /OVERALL with the new ones, though it may just be an X79 issue (or not, I didn't fully read that last post I guess that's the bug he's talking about.)

Last edited:
Yea the /OVERALL switch re-installs everything. I'm wondering if the copy issue was related to old drivers for the chipset that had previously not updated on your system, since you've been messing with these drivers in this way only recently, correct? Hmm, I'm going to go check my device manager driver dates now as well. Good info, thanks.

Edit: Sigh, I ran the 9.3.1025 with /OVERALL, and it locked the system, necessitating a reboot. After I booted again, I ran the 9.3.1022 with the /OVERALL, and they worked. So a word of warning about trying /OVERALL with the new ones, though it may just be an X79 issue (or not, I didn't fully read that last post I guess that's the bug he's talking about.)

I got the Windows Search thing sorted before this stuff with the drivers, so who knows. Its working now, I'll report back if I start having issues. Maybe it's some bug with Windows Search on a clean install since it doesn't have much to index yet?

he just mentioned the 1025s not installing properly. Didnt specify what happens.

I haven't manually updated chipset drivers since Windows Vista came out.

Every time I've done it, I've seen performance decrease.

I just don't bother any more. The OS seems to have pretty stable stuff in the OEM set.

The 2006 driver was disabling itself, definitely worth installing this set. There is even a PCIe device that gets updated after installing 1022. I'd definitely do it.

I had an issue witht the HM65 Mobile Express Chipset driver installing. Intel site had broken links to the particular chipsets driver support page. I finally got fed up and took the old drive I pulled from the laptop and plugged it into a USB cradle and found pointed Win 8 to look in the old hard drives Win 7 drivers folder and it found the drivers it needed and installed everything perfectly.

I figured since the one chipset driver function only works with third party software (In my case software Sony preloaded in windows 7) for displaying video on smart tv's wirelessly, they did not make it available as a stand alone download driver package. Same thing with the Microsoft and the 'HD Audio' codec needed to install many cmedia drivers... MS refuses to supply it and you have to get it from a third party.

Back