Online storage and file sharing

Metraon

Limp Gawd
I just landed in this small business this morning. They are managing prints and publicity for different companies. They hire a external consultant for the photo-shopping and then do the rest of the documents needed. The consultant send them psd files directly to the FTP server.

They have an iOmega storage ix200, they use as a ''server''. Its about 450gb of word, pdf, psd documents. It is mostly a big backup and use other documents sometimes on the "server" wich is in the house of one employee. The problem is they are using FTP on a residential cable/router modem to access the documents. Its insecure and kinda of slow. They are sharing the ftp accounts to people when they do transfers and it's lame. I pitched them to switch to something more small business/professional.

I am searching for a good online storage or file sharing, solutions like dropbox or sharefile but with specific sharing options and permissions. What services you guys are using ? I will have to dig in more in this because, I don't know yet if they want all the 450gb server copied to the server but I will get into that later.

Thanks !!

FTP works, not as insecure as you might think Keep it simple. Dropbox seems like a good fit.

Actually I am checking SugarSync Business, it seems to offer a lot !

Well, I am testing some cloud based solution. Yes I will need some better permissions and a way do have some ''guest'' to upload files once in a while.

FTP did the job for them, but they moved the "server" with a slower connection and less reliable. The iOmega is approaching end of life, so I think this is the time to switch.

I havent discussed budget yet, I will see within all the price range what is better for them.

Back