• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Online based FAX setup - please help

bob4432

Limp Gawd
Joined
Aug 16, 2005
Messages
191
For those that need to use a fax still and have opted to go the online route instead of a dedicated machine and phone line, what option have you gone with?

Thanks in advance,

Bob
 
How many faxes do you generally need to send or receive?

How many pages per fax is normal?
 
Xmedius, but that's just because they have an App that plugs into our multifunction machines.
 
Looks like most of the "free" ones have a limit of 10 pages total or less for free

www.fax.plus says 10 pages in one place but then 30 pages in their comparison page.

If you need to receive faxes, you have to go to a paid plan.

It seems like it would be fairly simple to set up.

For rolling your own, check out www.ictfax.org. it is an open source fax server software.... This intrigues me and maybe I will set one up in the near future once I have run power to be able to bring my rack up on 240v.
 
Thanks all, I opted to go with Fax plus - so far the testing is working out great and I am finally able to get rid of my landline
 
Back
Top