• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Online Backup for WHS 2011

Cliff Couser

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
1,862
What online backup solutions are there for WHS 2011?

I'd prefer the applucation to be installed in WHS 2011 rather than on my workstation.

Also, my preference is to have the file stored on Amazon cloud.

Cloudberry and Jungle Disk seem like the most viable options, though Jungle Disk doesn't seem to officially support WHS2011.

Thanks for any suggestions.
 
I have about 40Gb of files. Mostly RAW files.

I have been using an external USB to backup the files outside of the WHS 2011 box, but its in the same house, so really not a *real* backup solution.

Crashplan looks interesting.

Thanks!
 
how can you recover your server that you can not boot if you have online backup?
 
how can you recover your server that you can not boot if you have online backup?

Not sure i understand your question?

if you have the files online, our server crashes, its a matter of 'logging in' your online backup account and downloading the files back into your rebuilt server.

Recovering the server installation is not something that matters to me, what matters are the files sitting 'in' the storage pools.
 
Not sure i understand your question?

if you have the files online, our server crashes, its a matter of 'logging in' your online backup account and downloading the files back into your rebuilt server.

Recovering the server installation is not something that matters to me, what matters are the files sitting 'in' the storage pools.

ahhh,ok
I have a headless setup with no DVD. So I store my backup on bootable usb drives so I can do auto recovery.

For WHS2011 backup online, you might need to find a way the map the online storage as a physical drive
 
Back
Top