Oneplus 3T

radeon962

[H]ard|Gawd
This should be a lot of fun for the OnePlus faithful if the rumor of a OnePlus 3T becomes a reality.

Can't wait to see the spin by Carl on this one.

IMG_9203.PNG

Finally picked up a OnePlus One last week for a good price, in excellent shape, running a custom ROM at the moment very very well I have to say so, I suppose I'll take a look at what the next device is when it arrives as a potential upgrade.

But then again this device is running so damned well, geez, maybe an upgrade won't be necessary. ;)

Curious which SD821 they use....the 821 the Pixels use (the slower one) is about the same speed in benches like Antutu as the SD820 is.

As Skripka mentioned, the clock speed will be the deciding factor.

Curious which SD821 they use....the 821 the Pixels use (the slower one) is about the same speed in benches like Antutu as the SD820 is.

Don't you mean that you're curious if the One 3T would underclock the SD821 like in the Pixel?

Finally picked up a OnePlus One last week for a good price, in excellent shape, running a custom ROM at the moment very very well I have to say so, I suppose I'll take a look at what the next device is when it arrives as a potential upgrade.

But then again this device is running so damned well, geez, maybe an upgrade won't be necessary. ;)

My oldest son is still using my original Oneplus One.

The camera is the only part of the One that shows its age. The rest, in day to day use, is still an excellent experience.

I miss my Oneplus One. It fell and cracked the screen/digitizer, and the replacement screen/digitizer I bought was poor quality and broke within a month.

My OP3 is on order. The OP3t will be a bit more expensive according to rumors.

The SD821 doesn't offer anything new. It's more like a gimmick release.

I miss my Oneplus One. It fell and cracked the screen/digitizer, and the replacement screen/digitizer I bought was poor quality and broke within a month.

The prices on Swappa are under $150 now so I would just buy a used one before replacing the screen.

3,400mAh battery size is a GREAT improvement, and 6GB RAM standard, and the SD821 is good too, ( but not a big improvement over the SD820 ) And 64GB option is nice other than 32 or 128 only.

All of this for almost have the price of the Pixel XL. This is what a Nexus device should be like, and affordable phone, with near flagship specs. I'd take this $439 phone, over the $800 PIXEL XL any day, way more value for your buck, and the custom ROM scene is very good on the OnePlus phones.

The only true difference for 3T vs 3 is the battery.

Front camera? Who the heck needs a 16MP when they didn't even bother to get a better aperture, result with more noise.
SD821 is essentially SD820 with minor tweak, not much in performance difference.

At this price point, I rather get HTC 10 at $500 now, or get a regular 1+3 for much cheaper price.

3,400mAh battery size is a GREAT improvement, and 6GB RAM standard, and the SD821 is good too, ( but not a big improvement over the SD820 ) And 64GB option is nice other than 32 or 128 only.

All of this for almost have the price of the Pixel XL. This is what a Nexus device should be like, and affordable phone, with near flagship specs. I'd take this $439 phone, over the $800 PIXEL XL any day, way more value for your buck, and the custom ROM scene is very good on the OnePlus phones.
I don't see how I could buy Pixel XL over this. The buyers remorse would be so huge that I couldn't bear it. It's so overpriced that I don't know if I should laugh or cry.

I just got the OP3. Who know why I didn't get it sooner. After owning the original Moto X for 3 years I could not get into a stripped Nexus software experience.. The OP3 beats the 6p hands down. Build quality, performance, software optimization (very useful).

The 6p is an oversized lonely performer with a naked Nougat and monthly security patches.. Never again.

Last edited:
The 3T truly is a bargain, for $440 it has high end flagship spec's, minus the display and maybe not the best camera, but it's almost half the freaking price of the phones it's competing against.

Hardware is flagship. Build quality is great. Design is sharp. Has a nice size 3,400mAh battery. And it runs a stock Android like almost Pixel type OS, more so than other phones that use a radically different UI like Touchwiz, Sense, etc...

I say for $440 the OnePlus 3T cannot be touched. Especially when the Pixel XL is $800+, S7 Edge $700+, iPhone 7Plus $750+.

The 3T truly is a bargain, for $440 it has high end flagship spec's, minus the display and maybe not the best camera, but it's almost half the freaking price of the phones it's competing against.

Hardware is flagship. Build quality is great. Design is sharp. Has a nice size 3,400mAh battery. And it runs a stock Android like almost Pixel type OS, more so than other phones that use a radically different UI like Touchwiz, Sense, etc...

I say for $440 the OnePlus 3T cannot be touched. Especially when the Pixel XL is $800+, S7 Edge $700+, iPhone 7Plus $750+.
Whether it can be touched or not depends on if you agree on aCDMA carrier or not

Whether it can be touched or not depends on if you agree on aCDMA carrier or not

CDMA, LOL, any smartphone enthusiast doesn't use CDMA. Sprint fucking blows, and Verizon is the Nazi New World Order scumbag carrier. I wouldn't use either of those carriers on principle alone.

At least GSM networks are worldwide, and you can get get so many different carriers and plans to choose from. ATT is easily as good as Verizon network wise.

When all the carriers are only a percentage point away from each other in terms of call reliability, it all comes down to data speed and speed retention. Sprint isn't an evil company like Verizon or AT&T. So they should be supported. I just don't like how they don't give existing customers the special rates.

CDMA, LOL, any smartphone enthusiast doesn't use CDMA. Sprint fucking blows, and Verizon is the Nazi New World Order scumbag carrier. I wouldn't use either of those carriers on principle alone.

At least GSM networks are worldwide, and you can get get so many different carriers and plans to choose from. ATT is easily as good as Verizon network wise.
Except it isn't. Lots of places none at all where Verizon has 4 bars

Except it isn't. Lots of places none at all where Verizon has 4 bars

I've used them all, Sprint, Verizon, ATT, and T-Mobile the past several years, I am ranking them, just on network /service only not pricing;

- ATT #1; the best network, ZERO dropped calls, rock solid network, signal everywhere, the city, the burbs, the sticks, inside buildings, etc...
- Verizon #2; pretty darn good too, not as good as ATT, but super close.
- T-Mobile = #3; service is great in the city, really good in the burbs, but sucks in the sticks, and not great in basements
- Sprint = #4; they just blow all around.

I personally use T-Mobile, great price, always the same bill month to month, and around Chicago I get very good series. And I like their JoD ( jump on demand ) program, allowing me to upgrade to 3 new phones every 18 months. And I am on their unlimited plan. I use about 15GB monthly my self. Customer service with T-Mobile is A+

I used to have ATT before T-Mobile, and ATT had excellent network, but their price was super high, and they always nickle and dime every month, and the billing was never constantly the same, always games and BS to fix the billing. Customer service with ATT is a D

Verizon is the Hitler network, totally locked down and closed, always evil BS they pulling, and the Verizon tramp stamp and bloatware is outrageous. Plus they insanely super high priced.

Sprint, they just suck.

Last edited:

Except you are beholden to Carl and OnePlus. I drank the Kool-aid with the One as an early supporter and it was an awesome phone (camera sucked) but phone was spectacular for what you got and the price. My son is still using it.

The Kool-aid got a little sour when I bought the Two and soon realized it was a half-assed effort because they thought they knew what the users needed, not what they wanted.

Finally got turned off with the X after no LTE on AT&T and possibly the worst camera of any phone I have owned in the past few years.

Picked up the 3 used and tried it out and it is indeed a great phone (camera still not top end but much better than previous OnePlus offerings).

The 3T leaves a bad taste in my mouth and I can't drink the Kool-aid any longer as it was a slap in the face to those users that did buy the 3 only to find out that it is no longer the OnePlus Flagship. I don't care for myself as I just picked it up to try it out and then flipped it.

I don't believe a word Carl or OnePlus says and having them in control of the hardware and the software is still very much a work in progress.

If you like to root and flash ROM'S that may be your best bet as they make great hardware (other than they still can't seem to figure out how to make a flagship level camera) but software is not their specialty.

Probably would be better off picking up a used OnePlus 3 as the prices have been dropping and should be under $350 or less after the 3T is released.

I've used them all, Sprint, Verizon, ATT, and T-Mobile the past several years, I am ranking them, just on network /service only not pricing;

- ATT #1; the best network, ZERO dropped calls, rock solid network, signal everywhere, the city, the burbs, the sticks, inside buildings, etc...
- Verizon #2; pretty darn good too, not as good as ATT, but super close.
- T-Mobile = #3; service is great in the city, really good in the burbs, but sucks in the sticks, and not great in basements
- Sprint = #4; they just blow all around.

I personally use T-Mobile, great price, always the same bill month to month, and around Chicago I get very good series. And I like their JoD ( jump on demand ) program, allowing me to upgrade to 3 new phones every 18 months. And I am on their unlimited plan. I use about 15GB monthly my self. Customer service with T-Mobile is A+

I used to have ATT before T-Mobile, and ATT had excellent network, but their price was super high, and they always nickle and dime every month, and the billing was never constantly the same, always games and BS to fix the billing. Customer service with ATT is a D

Verizon is the Hitler network, totally locked down and closed, always evil BS they pulling, and the Verizon tramp stamp and bloatware is outrageous. Plus they insanely super high priced.

Sprint, they just suck.

Coverage is an entirely regional thing. Here your ATT phone is a brick. While Sprint has good city coverage and Verizon has coverage out all the way into the sub 1 person per square mile ranch lands

Coverage is an entirely regional thing. Here your ATT phone is a brick. While Sprint has good city coverage and Verizon has coverage out all the way into the sub 1 person per square mile ranch lands

I have decent coverage here in SE Michigan on AT&T but get into Northern Michigan and there is no contest as Verizon has much better service. T-Mobile is essentially non-existent north of mid Michigan for data of any type. I have never personally used Sprint but seems to be OK here for those I know that use it.

In and around Chicago pretty much any carrier seems to be great everytime we have been there with family and they all use everything from Sprint to T-mobile to AT&T and even Verizon.

Pay for what works in your area and where you most frequently travel and don't get caught up totally in the cost as its not really a smartphone if you can't use it.

Our Family Plan on AT&T comes out to right about $36/ device (7 phones) w/ 30gb shared data, unlimited talk and and text. 17% employer discount.

15gb plan but awhile back when they eliminated contracts they doubled your data for free and it stays that way so 15gb extra on top of the 15gb original plan for the same price.

T-mobile may have hit or miss coverage in a lot of areas but they have made the other carriers change how they operate. Things will get real interesting if they ever provide coverage at the levels of Verizon and AT&T.

Sprint isn't an evil company like Verizon or AT&T.

If that's the case they need to stop advertising that "Switch to Sprint and we'll cut your phone bill in half..." crap because for what I get from T-Mobile for $30 a month would cost me probably $65 or more on Sprint. Just as joke I called 'em up once and let them play their whole spiel to me about the half-cost thing, then when it got right down to the nitty gritty I told the phone rep I was paying $30 a month for 5GB of data/100 mins talk time/unlimited texting and I could hear a literal gasp on the other end of the line. I then just had to ask "So, can Sprint offer me that for $15 a month..." and just laughed loudly knowing they'd never match it or even get close.

Obviously they didn't but I did get the chance to tell that CSR about the T-Mobile plan I use, that hush-hush unadvertised one you can't get anywhere but T-Mobile's website and in Walmart as the "Family Plan" service. No it doesn't have a lot of talk minutes but that's what I love it: I don't talk on the phone much using my carrier number because I have Google Voice and I use that (with Hangouts) for all phone activity, calls and SMS/MMS, everything, over any data connection at all. I'd use T-Mobile's Wi-Fi calling but the cheap bastards actually ding me for airtime minutes and I'm not even using their damned network with it (hence it being called Wi-FI Calling) so, it's only GV/Hangouts for me and has been for several years now.

I personally wouldn't use any other carrier myself for any reason even if they did offer to match the price and the plan but that's just me - I know some folks are stuck in locations where the worst carrier for pricing and service plans happens to have the best actual real world cellular service so it sucks ass but sometimes you just can't do any better. Luckily here in Las Vegas T-Mobile has this town effectively blanketed in my experience of using them for years now, never had any issues to mention.

And of course, neither AT&T or Verizon can match what I get from T-Mobile for $30/month either, nor would any MVNOs using any of those networks either. I really don't know where T-Mobile got this plan idea from years ago but I'm damned glad they have it and I damned well hope they never get rid of it - if they do I really hope they allow those of us that have used it for years to stay grandfathered on it till whenever.

I'm actually leaning toward this instead of the Pixel. My only concern is that some developers aren't going to support it because they already bought the OP3. This puts me in the position of do I buy the OP3 with more development or the OP3T with better specs. It used to not be this hard to pick a phone. :)

I just bought one. Hopefully Nougat comes soon, and I don't get early adopters remorse... I hate when you find out months later that a phone has some serious problems... ugh.

Anyways, I'm generally excited. My Moto X Pure is fucked.

If something happened to my 6P, this would probably be the phone I'd replace it with. I would really miss the front facing speakers though. But the 6P is still fuggin awesome and I have no desire to replace it at the moment.

The Pixels are pretty meh, esp for the price. I would also consider getting another Z Play, as I just got my wife one and it's consistently getting 10-12 hours of Screen On Time and 2 full days of moderate-heavy use. It seems to perform just as fast or faster than my 6P too somehow in everything except benchmarks, even games are smooth on it. She talks on the phone a lot while working around the house and ends the day with around 50% left after 4-5 hours of talking, 4-5 hours of SoT, and 1-2 hours of streaming music via BT. Pretty insane.

Back