• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

OneNote 2003 problems v. eula and slow input

GushpinBob

2[H]4U
Joined
Dec 11, 2007
Messages
2,721
I'm encountering a couple of problems with OneNote 2003 since installing it in Vista Business Edition 32-bit.

First off, every time I open the application, the EULA dialog pops up. OneNote is already activated and has been updated with the latest service pack + latest patches, but it seems like that I should have only seen this dialog only when I first opened the application or after a major update -- not every time I open it.

Second, input via a keyboard seems to be quite sluggish. Probably every one to three characters or so OneNote pauses for about a half of a second, which really gets OLD when I'm taking notes during class. I didn't have this problem when using my previous OS, Windows XP TabletPC edition.

Is there anyway to solve this behavior? I have already performed a "Repair and Reinstall" but that didn't seem to work and I don't want to go out and buy OneNote 2007 right now. I also don't want to return to using XP since everything else in Vista has been working quite well


Oh and my system specifications are:

Gateway Convertible Notebook CX210X
Core Duo T2250 Processor @ 1.73GHz
2 GB DDR2 RAM
100GB 5400 RPM Hdd (Vista partition @ ~73GB)
Vista Business 32-bit edition SP1
 
Well, the EULA problem is solved now. Thanks for the info. :)

However the input is still sluggish even with indexing and anti-virus disabled. Any other thoughts?
 
Well, the EULA problem is solved now. Thanks for the info. :)

However the input is still sluggish even with indexing and anti-virus disabled. Any other thoughts?

Try this run MSCONFIG. Then hit the Services Tab and click at the bottom "Hide Microsoft Services" - then hit Disable All. Then choose the startup tab and hit disable all. Then hit OK and reboot. Check to see if you are getting input issues. You MIGHT try updating your chipset drivers (AKA USB).

Try that and let us know.

:)

OH glad the EULA is fixed.
 
Well I tried disabling those services (and the chipset drivers are up to date), but the performance in OneNote 2003 is still crap. :(
 
Well I tried disabling those services (and the chipset drivers are up to date), but the performance in OneNote 2003 is still crap. :(

ACK! I hate that stuff. stuff you can't find. Check your hard drives performance, or see if you have a USB device that is polling all the time.
 
Hi - I've got the problem with Onenote 2003 (except with Windows 7 (64bit) rather than Vista). It pauses every two or three characters when you type and this makes it virtually unusable. The strange thing is that it was fine for a couple of months since I got Windows 7 and it just started to happen a couple of weeks ago. I'm thinking it has something to do with an update, but Windows doesn't seem to let me uninstall all recent updates. It just happens with Onenote and not with Word, Excel or Powerpoint.

Have you found a solution for your problem?

Any help would be appreciated.
 
Back
Top