One PSU, Two Mobo's

paw64

n00b
Joined
Jul 14, 2005
Messages
16
If im just going to be folding, can I splice a second P1 on to my PSU?
Assuming the out put Wattage is high enough for two systems.

These will be a 500 and 733 celey.
 
LOL! Everytime I have seen the question "can I use one for two"... it has been the other way around (two PSUs with one MOBO). But the answer to your question is yes.

I would parallel the ATX connector wires... all EXCEPT the green one... because it is the PSU on/off control controlled by the MOBO. You will want to connect the green wire to only one MOBO and use that PC's power switch to turn power on/off. If two MOBOs controlled it (and you don't know which one) you might get into a situation where you can never turn the PSU off.
 
I would parallel the ATX connector wires... all EXCEPT the green one... because it is the PSU on/off control controlled by the MOBO. You will want to connect the green wire to only one MOBO and use that PC's power switch to turn power on/off. If two MOBOs controlled it (and you don't know which one) you might get into a situation where you can never turn the PSU off.

QFT.
 
Back
Top