One Particular Network Folder is VERY slow

Asgorath

[H]ard|Gawd
I have a ton of shares on this one file server. They are all fed from an EMC AX150i SAN. Everyone on the network has no issues with these shares.

Shares are mapped for the users. We'll say they're mapped to n:\ for discussion sake.

There is one user that can browse a share called 'office' just fine. They can browse n:\folder1 just fine. And all the rest of the folders for that matter. But if they browse n:\folderX the computer takes a LONG time to list it. 10-20 minutes, essentially pegging the CPU the whole time. Granted, that folder has 5800 items, but so do other folders. Other people can browse that folder fine.

Any ideas?

XP SP3 clients

I'm not sure about the scan thing. We are running Trend Micro Office Scan on the clients. I'll have to look into that bit.

go to my computer-->tools-->folder options-->view-->take off the check mark on the first one that says "Automatically search for network folders and printers."

I've seen this issue before and this resolved it.

go to my computer-->tools-->folder options-->view-->take off the check mark on the first one that says "Automatically search for network folders and printers."

I've seen this issue before and this resolved it.

I'll give that a try and see how it goes.

Unencrypt the folder. That was the issue we had, Someone changed the folder to encrypt and it killed the server.

Back