• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

One or Two mcp655 pumps needed for this loop?

ComingUP

Weaksauce
Joined
Sep 22, 2012
Messages
95
I have yet to buy a pump top yet and this might be why .
I'm thinking i might need two for the loop I'm putting together here are the parts in order of the loop.
Mulit 150 Res - mcp655 - 240 rad - 240 rad - 360 rad - vrm block - cpu block - chipset block -
swiftech komodo 7970 - swiftech komodo 7970 - back to res

let me know what you think or maybe change up the loop but this is the way it would be the cleanest to install in my custom cut 600t going to be using crystle link to connect the motherboard blocks and cpu block.
Thank you
 
That's with im thinking too the loop got real big on me.
Might and in some watercooled ram one day just for fun.
Witch top to go with then the Bitspower or EK dual pump top?
They look the same i think ill go with Bitspower
 
You will see better temps with 2 pumps with that setup , but no super drop just about 5°c :)
 
The VRM and chipset blocks are what is pushing that setup into "two pump" territory as they're very restrictive. That and they're nest to useless performancewise. For that small "bling" factor you're going to introduce a lot of extra noise and headache into your loop with little gain.
 
Thanks for the input but mips water blocks fell pretty free flowing and im look for the bling factor.
I will run the loop with one pump then with two pumps after and do a report and post it for all the see.
Sound like the right way to go about things.
I also build turbo car and the best way to test the combo of parts is put it on the dyno.
 
Thanks for the input but mips water blocks fell pretty free flowing and im look for the bling factor.

It's not like any people are going to see you cruising your PC around. Appearance is nice but function is greater IMO. I think you are better off building for maximum performance rather than bling.
 
I fell that too now after more thinking and if i add a third card later flow will make more off a difference
so if i stack more Swiftech block flow would be even worse than just one .
I think i will go with the Heatkiller blocks and get the back plate powder coated to match my build (bling factor)
thank you for the advice SonDa5
 
Oddly enough, as those extra blocks are restrictive, the 655 is more bang for flow vs. heard-pressure. The DDC series of pumps shine when head-pressure is required. There are WCing loop calculators that can really help in determining your setup for flow and head-pressure. It would be wise to give that a try first than have a "feeling" a second pump is ideal.
 
No comment on the last post.
Then I will run the one 655 for a starter then add the second one later with a double pump top to have a super nice setup, same as Singularity has.:)
 
I don't think that a single pump would handle that very well. The swiftech komodo is one of the more restrictive gpu blocks on the market and you plan on using two of them with three other blocks.

With the cards plumbed in parallel I'm sure that a pair of D5s would be enough.
 
I too would like to see some temp results before and after the second pump. I am in the same dilemma. I currently am running a mcp655 going through the following: cpu - 360 - 290x - 290x - 420 - 280 - res

When the 420 was added as a 3rd rad, the temps only dropped about 6 degrees. I was hopping for more. Then I thought maybe the flow is slowing a bit going through so many things?

thinking about putting a second mcp655 in a dualbay res that puts them in series. I'm just not sure if it will make any difference.
 
I too would like to see some temp results before and after the second pump. I am in the same dilemma. I currently am running a mcp655 going through the following: cpu - 360 - 290x - 290x - 420 - 280 - res

When the 420 was added as a 3rd rad, the temps only dropped about 6 degrees. I was hopping for more. Then I thought maybe the flow is slowing a bit going through so many things?

thinking about putting a second mcp655 in a dualbay res that puts them in series. I'm just not sure if it will make any difference.

Arise Chikun Arise!
 
Thats what I use too. I love mine. You can turn the pumps down so they're silent yet still having a ton of head pressure.

mine are running at about 30% speed too. dead silent. at 100% you can hear them and the water in the reservoir is going crazy.
 
mine are running at about 30% speed too. dead silent. at 100% you can hear them and the water in the reservoir is going crazy.

I have mine sitting on a pair of shoggy sandwiches and at even 3500rpm I don't hear them. They're impressive little pumps. :)
 
Back
Top