One of the fans on my card is going

• Thread starter Deleted member 126051
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 126051

EVGA GeForce GTX 970 FTW+ ACX 2.0+

Trying to figure out if I can watercool this with an AIO setup (like the Kraken G10 and a compatible AIO).

All the references I see are for either a reference 970 or the original FTW with no backplate.

Anyone have any experience?

Trying to figure out if I can watercool this with an AIO setup (like the Kraken G10 and a compatible AIO).

All the references I see are for either a reference 970 or the original FTW with no backplate.

You're probably correct, most aftermarket PCB's are tough to find full cover blocks for. And on a now older card, the options will be less and less.

IMO your best bet would be contact EVGA and get a replacement fan

The kraken g10 bracket mounts to the four holes used for cooler mounting. Afaik, those holes are standard on all 9xx cards. Even if they are not, the g10 allows you to adjust mounting screw positions. It comes with it's own small mounting backplate and so you cannot really use any other backplate with it. I had it on my 980ti.
large_10f6716f5ce15803.png

The white square thing is what I'm talking about. It's the only thing holding the cooler on the card. If you were to remove your backplate it would work.

FYI you should also be able to use the evga cooler http://www.evga.com/products/product.aspx?pn=400-HY-5188-B1, or if you wanted Corsair has a HG10 adapter as well. I am pretty sure the latest evga cooler is the same as the 9xx series one minus the wording on the shell.

On a side note on my 980ti ACX 2, I was starting to get a little noise in one of my fans and was able to put a little graphite in it to quiet it down.

After some hunting. They are 87mm fans. Should be able to look up the model number on the fan like I did for my zotac 970. Expensive fix to go AIO.

I've have good luck removing the stock fans and shroud and replacing with Arctic F9 TC or F12 TC using zip-ties to ttie fans togheter and to fin pack. These are 25m thick and have their own temperautre control probe. I just slip them between fins and PCB .. maybe move them to warmer or cooler area depending on fan speeds and temps. Using these 25mm thick fans means an extra PCIe socket area need to be open for airflow to them.

What is the size of stock cooler fin packs up and dow and front to back?

Here is my KFA2 GTX 770 LTD OC stock and with & F2 fan mod
KFA2 GTX 770 LTD OC & F2 fan mod.png

Back