One of my Samsungs died, time for something new.

natermeister

Limp Gawd
One of my crappy Samsung TN panels died and it's time to get at least one new monitor. I'll more than likely get a matching set, but just one to start. I've narrowed the list down to this:

Dell 2209WA - Has been unavailable for the past few months, doesn't seem like it will change.
NEC EX231WMi - Not out yet, will be soon. Looks like it'd be a nice monitor, not so sure about 1080p though. DisplayPort and DVI is nice.
Dell U2410 - Doesn't seem to be out yet either. H-IPS instead of eIPS, triple input is nice.
HP LP247W - This is the one I'm leaning towards. DVI and Displayport. H-IPS. I've heard good things about it.

DisplayPort is a nice thing to have since I'm hoping to get a Mac Pro next year and Apple has switched to mini-DisplayPort. Going from mini-DP to DVI isn't the easiest thing in the world. I've heard of problem with adapters. That said, being able to plug two computers into a monitor isn't necessary. I have a Gefen 2x2 DVI switcher.

I had first considered the NEC LCD2490WUXi2, but it's way too expensive and it doesn't seem to have the A-TW polarizer on it anymore. I doubt it is worth double the price over the HP.

Any advice is appreciated. I'm so sick of schite TN panels.

Back