• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

One more question about....RAM

Jenglot

n00b
Joined
Jun 12, 2008
Messages
5
I've successfully OC my Q6600 on ASUS Maximus Formula to 3.4Ghz with 2Gb of DDR1066, it could be more but I spend more on game instead of tweaking :p [FSB 377 & with it the RAM seems to run DDR755] & last two weeks I upgraded to Vista32 Ultimate.

In games I've noticed a slow down between some area/section, so first thing that comes to my mind is more memory.... so my idea is to get 4Gb of DDR800 which is way cheaper
compared to DDR1066...

The questions is will it work better or worst...?
 
At your current OC it will probably work better "IF" your slowdown problem is memory related. DDR755 is not even the top speed of DDR800 obviously. What MOBO do you have and what graphics card? Also,what kind of HD setup are you using?
 
What do you mean by slow down...? As stated mobo is Asus Maximus Formula & Gigabyte 4870x2 & 500Gb/320G/120G SATA.
 
Opps sorry my bad... what I meant was the transition between areas, like you're running then this minor lag happen where you could see the HD LED blinking for a sec, running smooth again then it happen again..
 
Back
Top