• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

One mans trash

Bloefield

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Nov 29, 2001
Messages
1,483
Is another mans treasure.
Tonight I got running the 2nd box someone threw out.
This one's an Asus P3V4x mobo inside a sturdy case with an Asus badge on it.
The power supply was burnt, you could smell it, awful! and the 10 gig Quantum Fireball was loaded with spyware and probably viruses too.
I put an IBM 13.4gb hdd in it and Windows 2k pro, sp4
It had a working 466 Celeron that I swithched out for a P2 450, plus 128mb ram, floppy, 40xcd rom.
I took out the ATI 8mb agp card and installed my trusty old Creative Labs TNT2 Ultra!
Just got done updating and defragging.
Thing runs like a top!
The other box from the same place has an Abit 440bx and a P3 650.
The previous owner said it was a 233 something[ it had defaulted down to that ] :)
 
I found a P4 2.4 shuttle system tosed out once. The CD-ROM, Floppy and RAM had been stripped out, but the CPU, MOBO, 18GB HD, and CASE were intact. The Power supply was dead so I bought new PSU and 512MB and had a nice little system.
 
ImLazZzy said

where is that place, I am in ma too mind me joining the party

It's my son's workplace.
The owner of the company told him to throw out these " worthless" computers.
They were on my back porch when I came home, :p
The guy went out and bought two Dells
 
JustLong said:
I found a P4 2.4 shuttle system tosed out once. The CD-ROM, Floppy and RAM had been stripped out, but the CPU, MOBO, 18GB HD, and CASE were intact. The Power supply was dead so I bought new PSU and 512MB and had a nice little system.
pics of it's condition? :D

That's a hell of a find.
 
A relative found a Compaq on the curb once. 1.1GHz Athlon rig, 128 ram, 60GB HD, fully intact. The catch is it had stability problems, and as best I can tell the chip fried when I tried to run prime95 on it after swapping the ram for a 256MB Kingston module I had lying around. The DVD-Rom drive was also fubar, but those are cheap.
Someday I'll get my hands on a 100 fsb Athlon for it...
 
isp said:
pics of it's condition? :D

That's a hell of a find.

Shuttle.jpg

I added a DVD drive and a CF/SD/MMC reader and the Xbox background.
 
JustLong said:
I found a P4 2.4 shuttle system tosed out once. The CD-ROM, Floppy and RAM had been stripped out, but the CPU, MOBO, 18GB HD, and CASE were intact. The Power supply was dead so I bought new PSU and 512MB and had a nice little system.
nice.. you lucky b... :p
 
Back
Top