• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

One client with two configs?

CellBlock

Limp Gawd
Joined
Aug 3, 2004
Messages
315
I've got a weird issue with my University connection here. When I download WUs using my "Internet Explorer settings," each download attempts probably upwards of 30 times with FILE_IO_ERRORs and whatnot, but when I use my University's proxy, I can download work without a hitch.

Ok, so I set the F@H client to use the proxy. No major issues, except that I can't seem to upload finished units through the proxy. Generally, I just wait for a couple WUs to finish and restart the client with the IE settings checked so they'll send.

Is there any way that I can have two different settings for uploading and downloading work? (Or are there known issues with NPF and F@H? (Yes, F@H's access is set to "Permit All"...;)) I vaguely remember not having this issue when I first started folding early last semester.)
 
check over the folding site and you will see that norton personal firewall has big beef with folding at home. I used to have to disable the firewall before the units were transferred. But since the latest updates to NPF I have had no problems. If you are running on the latest updates, you might have to switch to a different firewall until they fix it. :(
 
Thanks, I'll bet there's a tweak or something for it then.

It worked before, I'm sure I can make it work again...
 
Back
Top