One click OEM restore of a harddrive to shipped state, via Acronis or?

markm75

Gawd
Does anyone know of any solutions such as Acronis, that would allow a tablet shipped to an end user, to be restored to the shipped state with minimal effort..

I guess the Acronis bootable menu and restore sequence is too involved.. was hoping for a more streamlined and user friendly way.. 3rd party product or variant of acronis? Similar to how some HPs and dells can be restored at bootup.

Thanks for any thoughts

Well, what OS? If it's Vista/7, they have a built in complete PC backup. Hook up a USB DVD Burner and back it up to the DVD's. When you want to restore to it, you just hit F8 then enter the diagnostic tools, then find the option to restore from DVD's.

This process however burns the disc as the current state of your computer.

Well, what OS? If it's Vista/7, they have a built in complete PC backup. Hook up a USB DVD Burner and back it up to the DVD's. When you want to restore to it, you just hit F8 then enter the diagnostic tools, then find the option to restore from DVD's.

This process however burns the disc as the current state of your computer.

Well we are talking about Windows 7.. however, i dont think (cant remember) that the restoration of windows 7 from even a recovery disc, is that obvious to a lay user.. The goal is to have something that can be accessed right from within the tablet itself, before boot.. so the original image is backed up to a separate partion i suppose and with one or two clicks they are restoring (without knowing what to select, it would have only one option of restoring, already preset, basically a GO button).

Back