One 27" or two 24"?

InorganicMatter

[H]F Junkie
They are for coding, work is buying. Going on a Mac Pro.

Probably going to be the new 27" Apple Thunderbolt, or two 24" monitors of some sort (likely Dell or HP). Both options are comparable in price. Indoors office, no windows, so glare shouldn't be any sort of problem.

I'm considering going the 2x24" route, and orienting one vertically for reading. Thoughts?

I would go for 2x24"

You will get more desktop space even if you get a 27" monitor that does 2560x1440, plus you will get more versatility out of the dual monitor setup.

2 24" definitely. I have these for coding and they are awesome.

If you do a lot of design work it is nice to have a 30 (I have no idea what 2560-1440 on a 27 is like on LCD or if it's even possible) but I still could not give up my 2 24s.

Actually wha'ts nice is 2 24's and a 19 or 2 because if your development tools are super complex like mine you find you wsant to put the solution explorer, Class explorer, Unit Test manager, Code Coverage Results all somewhere and you dont' want to put it on the other 24 becaus that's where all your DB stuff is going on. :)

It's an addiciton!

But I'd definitely go the 2 24 if you do tons of coding and less design work. I actually end up doing some design work in Photoshop and Animation tools similar to Adobe Flash and would like a 30 just for that.

Back