Once you go Lian Li ......you never go back...

KnishofDeath

[H]ard|Gawd
All I can say is wow. I just recieved my new lian li case from new egg. Its a PC-65 and wow this thing is beautiful. This was for my new system but I liked it so much I had to put my old system into it, I wont have all the stuff for my new system for another month so I thought what the hell. Now im even considering buying another one and having two the same. this thing is awesome. The quality is just totally impressive. Makes my thermaltake tsunami look like a 10 dollar piece of junk. I used to think that thermaltake was a damn nice case (and it is) But it dosent even compare to the quality of this lian li. Unfortunatley though the thermaltake purepower PSU I bought is no good. It keeps shutting off and I dont know why. Switched it out for my old one and now it runs fine. So I will be RMA''ing this back to new egg.

:p i'll take the tsunami for $10 if you're serious about that...

:rolleyes: didn't think so.

Welcome to a whole new world.
I've reviewed alot of cases, but nothing beats the Lian-Li.

Congrats.

not necessarily, I hate Lian-Lis, and would never put together another system inside of one.
I can't stand my praetorian, either. Something about the look of these pcs just isn't that great.

What do you do with your review cases?

Yah I can't wait to get my Lian Li PC65 too. I like how it looks with blue LED's...I just hate how LED fans are so expensive, you'd think they'd be like 5 bucks or something. :rolleyes:

ScHpAnKy - you are teh werid, aluminum cases look so nice and clean :O and with a window, wow...oh yea NOTHING beats my new atc-110, lolzorz maybe execpt tjo3 but thats a whole nother story

synergy321 said:
ScHpAnKy - you are teh werid, aluminum cases look so nice and clean :O and with a window, wow...oh yea NOTHING beats my new atc-110, lolzorz maybe execpt tjo3 but thats a whole nother story

I didn't say that I didn't like aluminum, I just hate coolermaster/lian-lis. I love the old coolermasters with the doors (not the wavemaster, though) and the Lian-Li V-1000.
But, it ends there, everything else I hate.

clone#13 said:
well I will have to add my opinion too, I can't afford the Lian-Li, so I went witht the Antec 1000 AMG plusview. This beast is amazing and well build yet light. Got enough room for shit loads of fan.....can't wait till it houses my s939 3200+ new system :D

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=11-129-124&depa=1

I justg hate the way that looks. Still a damn good case though.
I just couldnt handle looking at that thing everday.

I've got a PC61 but personally i don't like it as much as others seem to. Aluminium is all well and good as a material but its too light and flimsy and vibrates which gets really annoying. They are, however, very functional and well made, just not of sturdy enough stuff. My next case is gonna be a Stacker as they use 120mm fans, are built like a bomb-shelter and have the ability to hold 15 hdds :p

So yer, the PC-xx series is good if your a 'move you puter' kinda person, but they should release the same cases made from high-grade steel so people who like sturdiness can get in on the action. But i can't friggin stand the LEDs they use for power and load, they're impractically bright IMO

mickey987 said:
What do you do with your review cases?

Yah I can't wait to get my Lian Li PC65 too. I like how it looks with blue LED's...I just hate how LED fans are so expensive, you'd think they'd be like 5 bucks or something. :rolleyes:

Back when I was a sucker, I got LEDs from Radio Shack for lots of money, but then I saw this place...

http://www.led1.de/shop/index.php?cPath=3_16

7.90 Euros = About $10 USD for 50 Blue LEDs

I almost got the LiLan, but everyone has one. And look how boring (or clean to the owners of one) that front panel is. I ultimatally decided on the Xaser III Super Tower, cause its big and has many fans. ;)

RabidRodents said:
I almost got the LiLan, but everyone has one. And look how boring (or clean to the owners of one) that front panel is. I ultimatally decided on the Xaser III Super Tower, cause its big and has many fans. ;)

ya that thing has always looked like a rave in a computer case to me though. lol.

I had a couple Lian-Li cases.

I hated them. They were both cheaply made, overpriced, flimsy pieces of junk. They are worth more recycled than as a computer case, in my opinion.

I went back to Cooler Master.

That, of course, is just my opinion. Other results may vary.

I love my pc65b :D
i just wish i had another fan hole in the back of the mobo tray. ah well, ill mod me one, one day. :D

I should have stayed with Lian Li. Before I had a PC71B, then when I rebuilt my computer, I went with a CM Praetorian case. Now I have a beautiful V2000B with lots of room again Now I know better to not change my case brand :D

Lian-Li's are great, sometimes overpriced. I've enjoyed mine but.....

Tell you the truth... once I've went shuttle I kinda dont want to go back.

Who wants to buy my loaded Lian-Li PC?

I'd love to have a nice SB77G5 (775pin i875 mobo)
or the SN95G5 (socket 939 NF3 mobo) to replace my Lian-Li PC60.

Click that link above to see my Lian-Li and my Shuttle PC's

mycomp3.jpg

VS.

after.jpg

sideshot.jpg

I like LianLi. I also like Coolermaster too. Right now I'm happy with the ATC-1110-SX, but I've owned the PC75 before when I need an assload of space. :eek:

It's pretty much all I've ever owned. Except that very first antec... but that doesn't count. :eek:

I thought the exact same thing about lian-li

amazing cases really
but recently i purchased 2 Silverstone cases, and ill tell you right now if you think lian-li feel high quality you have never worked on a silverstone case

I am not impressed at all with my Lian-Li. They are, as has been said, flimsy, cheap, and over priced. My power button broke out after about 10 presses. The side panels rattle if poked lightly. I have found that the internal's and features are lacking compared to less costly options. The do cool well and are light, but they are not worth it.

The Kingwin aluminum case is the Shiznit, if you want a reasonably priced aluminum versatile feature-rich case this one is rock solid and great to work with. I will not buy another Lian.

tcraig_4096 said:
I am not impressed at all with my Lian-Li. They are, as has been said, flimsy, cheap, and over priced. My power button broke out after about 10 presses. The side panels rattle if poked lightly. I have found that the internal's and features are lacking compared to less costly options. The do cool well and are light, but they are not worth it.

The Kingwin aluminum case is the Shiznit, if you want a reasonably priced aluminum versatile feature-rich case this one is rock solid and great to work with. I will not buy another Lian.

I really wanna know what Lian Li case you have.
Every single one I have seen is very far from flimsy especially for a aluminum case.

BigTaf said:
I thought the exact same thing about lian-li

amazing cases really
but recently i purchased 2 Silverstone cases, and ill tell you right now if you think lian-li feel high quality you have never worked on a silverstone case

Yeah, I was thinking about getting this case. (If I ever build an all new computer) http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=11-163-012&depa=1

It looks top notch plus I like the 120mm on the front and room for another 120mm on the back.

all those 80mm's in my Lian-Li make too much noise.

I got myself a Lian-Li case and still ended up using something else. Not to say they aren't good cases, but just to say some people do move onto other things.

I still prefer any antec case over the lian-li. They look alot cleaner and seem to be better built.

For any of you guys who just got in on the excailberpc pc75 deal that want a 120mm whole in the top let me know I want to get rid of the top of my case for one without any holes ill pay shipping both ways if need be

I've got a PC-70 that I've used for years and a CM Praetorian.

Guess which one is sitting in the closet? The Lian Li.

They're nice cases, to be sure, but after buying the Praetorian I'll not likely buy anything other than a CM again.

With a computer I just built last month, I went with an almost-LL case. Check this out guys:
wow!

Its comes with a motherboard tray, a thousand thumbscrews, and its all aluminum. A LL for as cheap as they get. You guys should really check this out as an alternative if you are a student or strapped for cash like me :)

Back