I have an ASUS K8V SE deluxe motherboard running XP pro with on board sound that quit working. The weird part is why.
I need to run 2 sound cards in this box, so I installed an Audigy 2 PCI card along with the drivers and that is when the onboard sound quit working. My first thought was maybe the BIOS setting for onboard sound was set to auto, but upon checking that yielded only two choices, enabled or disabled. Of course it's set to enabled.
So my next task was to un-install the drivers for the onboard sound and download new drivers from ASUS's website. When I rebooted I expected XP to detect the onboard sound which it didn't, so I proceeded to install the new driver package and it failed saying it couldn't find the driver?
I'm pretty baffled on this one. I don't know anything else to try except maybe doing a system restore on it back to before I installed the new soundcard, but in the end I need them both to work and I can't understand why in effect the onboard sound "dissapeared" it seems like?
Anyone have any ideas or something else I can try?
I need to run 2 sound cards in this box, so I installed an Audigy 2 PCI card along with the drivers and that is when the onboard sound quit working. My first thought was maybe the BIOS setting for onboard sound was set to auto, but upon checking that yielded only two choices, enabled or disabled. Of course it's set to enabled.
So my next task was to un-install the drivers for the onboard sound and download new drivers from ASUS's website. When I rebooted I expected XP to detect the onboard sound which it didn't, so I proceeded to install the new driver package and it failed saying it couldn't find the driver?
I'm pretty baffled on this one. I don't know anything else to try except maybe doing a system restore on it back to before I installed the new soundcard, but in the end I need them both to work and I can't understand why in effect the onboard sound "dissapeared" it seems like?
Anyone have any ideas or something else I can try?