Onboard sound acting up

Apollo686

Limp Gawd
Joined
Nov 15, 2004
Messages
227
I have BFG 680i which I had been running with Vista x64 for quite some time with no problems. Then a few weeks back I reinstalled windows and ever since I have not been able to get sound out of my machine. I have installed the Nvidia chipset drivers (which do not seem to have audio included) as well as the realtek HD audio drivers. Everything seems fine, except there is no audio output.

It seems like the digital audio output is working, but I have not tested it. Analog seems to be the issue. I have tested the speakers with an iPod and they work fine. All my hardware is ok as well because I loaded Ubuntu onto the machine and I get startup sounds in that. Has anyone heard of this problem or have a solution? Also, in my sound toolbar when I click on the speaker icon to bring up the volume I now have a "digital output" box picture instead of the normal speaker icon.

Here's an image of my sound devices. All the analog ports are greyed out and it sais my speakers are not connected. They are, and in the right port. I have tried reinstalling both with x86 and x64 to no avail.

desktopdb6.jpg
 
Did you configure what type of speakers your using? in the Audio control panel of Vista and the realtek driver. What is the card set for speaker setup? I don't understand if your using digital or analog... Do you have speakers connected?
 
I am trying to use analog. I can settup the properties for the speakers but it says they are not plugged in. They are plugged in, just not showing up. It's a set of Klipsch 2.1's plugged into the green audio jack of the pc.
 
Did you configure the audio panel in Vista control panel for the speakers your using?
I mean 2.0 instead of 5.1 or headphones? If you have never set this up I think it may be your problem. Some onboards are such a pain have you ever considered getting a add-in card?
 
Where would I go to configure that? I can go to the speakers properties and everything looks ok in there.

I have thought about an ad-in card, but honestly if the onboard was working (which it used to) I would be pretty happy with just that.
 
That is what I am refering to. I would say try and remove the driver and check the connection etc. I thought that may be the problem but you said you tried it.
 
Back
Top