• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

onboard or soundcard

tshontikidis

Limp Gawd
Joined
Dec 6, 2004
Messages
168
I am looking to get some 5.1 speakers. As of right now I am using headphones and onboard. I have a AA8-DuraMAX which says it supports 7.1 with S/PDIF in and out. I do not really know what that is but the bottom line should I get a soundcard as well as the speakers or can my onboard handle.

I am looking at Creative Sound Blaster Audigy2 ZS Platinum Pro because right now it has a 100 dollar mail-in rebate at newegg. What would be the pros of the soundcard over the onboard.

In the end do I really want to make the big dollar jump. I have been using nice headphones for my gaming needs and I mostly have my music on my laptop. Will I really see a difference with a soundcard and speakers. Should I make the jump?
 
The main difference will be in the games, as most games now use EAX of some version of another.
 
I hope so!!!! when i get home from work I will have a new audigy2 zs platinum pro and evga 7800gtx to play with :):):):)!!!!

I am waiting for the logitech 7450's (i believe) the wireless speaker set, to go on sale.
 
Back
Top