onboard lan problems

mc_P

Limp Gawd
I just got my new motherboard which is the p4p800 deluxe :) and its totally awesome and i like it heaps just that i cant get the onboard gigabit network card to connect to the net?
I'm using some cheapo network card atm and i would like to use the onboard lan.
You guys know a solution for my problem?

Have you tried installing the specific LAN drivers for your particular motherboard?

First off:

Disable the PCI network you put in. Your system thinks thats the default. Now, go into your device manager and see if your network card is even recognized or if it's in the ? mark category.

Report back or post screenies if you would like.

oh yeh and some funky shit was happening when i first turned it on. It ran my cpu at 800mhz ??????? But then i ocd it and its normal now. Anyone know what was going on then?

ok i'll do this all tomorow lol its 2:30am but the onboard lan wouldnt work before i put in the pci card in so thats why i put the card in so i could get on the net.
Would xp sp1 and 2 fix this problem becuase i just formatted my comp and i cbf installin it. I'll do this all tomorow when i''m not so wasted

make sure onboard lan is enabled in bios. put mb driver disk in and goto in windows xp start rt clk my comp/properties/hardware/add hardware wizard install drivers. if that doesnt do it then start/run in box type "cmd" in command window type "ipconfig/all " that should do it

Could be a glitch in the CMOS. Try reflashing the BIOS see if that brings it back. I had the same problem with my AK89-MAX. Except that was no Firewire/LAN/SATA.

Back