• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Onboard audio isn't cutting it.

Brian Boyko

[H] Consumer Editor
Joined
Sep 27, 2005
Messages
345
Well, it took me a while to admit that the onboard audio on my mATX board just isn't cutting it.

I have two questions:

1) If I install a PCI soundcard, can that soundcard still access the front headphone jacks in my chassis, and...
2) What's a good PCI soundcard for someone on a budget that just wants clear audio out of a pair of headphones without it sounding tinny or distorted?
 
Well the front panel ports will still work if you attatch them to the pci soundcard.
As far as what soundcard to get... well that is the question really. I suppose it depends on if you use it to watch DVD's, play games, or listen to music.

I'm sure most people will say the X-Fi for games
or the EMU404, Juli@ or similar for music...

Chaintech AV710 for budget.

I'll let someone else give you sugjestions for that.
 
Back
Top