• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

on screen display won't shut off

hedron

Limp Gawd
Joined
Apr 24, 2008
Messages
495
I have a Samsung T24C500. So, the on screen display does not turn off and there is no way to shut it off in the menu.

This monitor has two osd's. One is the normal menu osd and the other is a display model type osd, which say how many HDMI ports, screen refresh rate and other specs. I don't need to be reminded of its specs everytime I turn it on.

I can turn it off by bringing up the menu osd, but sometimes it comes back on. Mostly at inopportune times.

Anyway, my only guess is that I have to wait for some firmware for it that removes the display. But maybe someone knows a trick I don't.
 
Is it under warranty? Maybe contact them. Maybe there is already some firmware out?
 
I did check the website and there is no firmware released so far. The FAQ said to simply restart the monitor when encountered with this issue, and I posted a complaint that it doesn't work. I don't know if they will actually read that though.

It's not such a big deal that I would return it, it's just annoying is all.
 
Back
Top