on-board vs internal card - performance

Elderain

Weaksauce
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
73
I was debating this today, and realize this is something I almost always neglect on a new PC build and I dont know why. I game alot, mostly WoW at the moment, and was wondering, how big of a difference if any would I see in performance by installing a sound card, versus using onboard sound?
 
what kind of performance are you referring to?
FPS?
(in which case my reply would be :rolleyes: )
Or
Audio quality?
 
in general, sure... FPS. Gaming performance, in whatever way you want to measure that

I know sound quality is an obvious. I just had no idea what effect on performance an onboard card would have if any versus an add on card. I've never though about it, I was just curious if it mattered.
 
you'll lose a few FPS... nothing noticable unless you were already having a hard time running a game.

Sound quality depends greatly on the onboard audio you have and what sound card you are comparing it to.
 
Back
Top