On-board LAN not working?

the_b_man

Limp Gawd
Only a couple months old Gigabyte UD4P motherboard. The LEDs aren't coming on when I connect Ethernet.

Is it safe to assume that if the LEDs aren't even coming on that it's not a BIOS problem?

I've tried connecting to 2 ports on the router, and directly to the modem, and I've used 2 different cables to test it, both of which were working earlier today.

Also I'm concerned if I RMA the thing, my ICH10R RAID configurations will be gone.

If its enabled in the BIOS, enabled in the Device Manager in Windows and it still doesn't work, fork over $30 for a nice Intel Gigabit NIC.

Last edited:
Yeah, enabled in BIOS... plus the LED's are a physical layer indicator, are they not? They should light even if disabled in Decive Manger, etc.

That NIC idea crossed my mind too, tbh. $30 eh not bad ...
It disturbs me that if the LOM could die, what else could. Plus the principle of the thing says I forked over a lot and should have a working product.
Really don't feel like gutting the PC over something like this though. Argh, decisions.

if the lights arent coming on, there could be no internet connection "flowing" through the cable. test your internet connection with a different computer

Back