On board graphics question

bobbagels

Weaksauce
hello,
I am building a medium end machine. Its going to be used for browsing, email and some homework.

Asus P8Z68-V/gen3
I5-2500

And want to use the on-board graphics.
Is there anything I need to set up for that? (bios or drivers or anything?)

Also on the back of the board there are VGA and DVI ports

Does it matter which one I use?

It should default to integrated graphics. Use whichever port you have a monitor for. You can even use both for dual monitors. Basically, just plug the monitor(s) in-no set up instructions required.

All you'll need is just to install the drivers... :p

On-board is nice to have handy in my experience... You should be able to do multi-monitor too, with one on VGA (if it has it) and one on digital. For some reason i could never get DVI+HDMI to work, YMMV... Just keep it in mind multi-monitor is kind of hard.

All you'll need is just to install the drivers... :p

On-board is nice to have handy in my experience... You should be able to do multi-monitor too, with one on VGA (if it has it) and one on digital. For some reason i could never get DVI+HDMI to work, YMMV... Just keep it in mind multi-monitor is kind of hard.

I havent tried HDMI with DVI, so not sure. Since OP asked about VGA and DVI, I know that works. When I first built mine, thats what I used. The drivers installed automatically for the graphics and 1 monitor needed an update driver that installed online. I never had any problem using multi monitor. As you said YMMV.

Back