• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

on board ethernet issues

fireburster

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Mar 29, 2002
Messages
1,265
I have an aw9d mobo with gig onboard. Its been working but now stopped. I have uninstalled and reinstalled drivers but that hasnt helped. When the pc is rebooting or in bios the lights are working and i can see the light on my switch but in windows or a live cd shows no cable connected.

Anything else to try or is this onboard nic dead maybe?
 
Have you tried latest drivers not from the mobo manufactures site?

If it is something like Atheros, Realtek, etc. you can usually find newer drivers on other sites.
 
realtek 8169. I tried the mobo cd drivers and the newest ones from realtek's site. tried win 7 and vista, and ubuntu all show the driver is ok but no cable connected. Tried diff cables and switches also.

updating the bios now.
 
If that does not work, could just be a blown device.

Might be time to look into a PCI card.
 
well its working now but only at 100meg. It will not even light up on my dlink gig switch. I have cat5e cable plugged into it also.

Even at 100meg is really slow though, 800k transfer speed.

Any cheap gig cards out there? I have 2 pci-e 1x slots and only 1 pci which i have a video card in. I was hoping to use this for a WHS machine with gig nic.

thanks.
 
Back
Top