• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

#$%&^#$@!!! on board audio - DOA

BlindedByScience

More Human than Human
Joined
May 26, 2000
Messages
9,282
Greetings - I've got an older Gateway desktop I was prepping to give to a buddy that needs a machine (currently doens't have a PC). It's a 1.0 Gig P3 machine, with the Intel i810 chipset. It's a model E1600 XL.

Did a fresh XP-SP2 install on it, loaded the chipset drivers, the video driver, hell I even tried the Intel "application accelerator" drivers, and I can not get the damn on board sound to work. There is no driver for the sound hardware on the Gateway support site, nor can I find a driver anywhere that will make the on board sound work. I've tried several "AC97" drivers from DriverGuide, etc., most of which are simply "*.INI" files. But, every time when I try to do a "driver update", the process stops when it says it can't find a driver that matches the hardware. As listed in device manager, the sound device is:

"Intel 82801 BA/BAM AC'97 Audio Controller"

Anyone got an idea where I can find the correct driver for this, or can you point out what I'm doing wrong...??

Thanks in advance - B.B.S.
 
Tried that one, and it wouldn't load under the "driver update" applet......

Am I doing something fundamentally wrong? I tried using driver update and just "running" the *.INF file......

Thanks - B.B.S.
 
Back
Top