Omnitech flexible and waterproof keyboard.

Mermalion

Limp Gawd
So staples was having a sale on all kinds of back to school stuff so i headed down there. I picked up a few odds and ends. When i was done shopping i was on my way to the checkout when i saw this keyboard rolled up in a little cylinder for only $10. Since I already needed a new keyboard ( my other one only allows 1 key at a time to be pressed ) I figured I would try it out. I get it home and roll it out on my desk and give it a quick test run. The first thing I notice is very sensitive to the way the buttons need to be pressed which may take some getting used to. I so far have made like 20 mistakes while typing this. That is really the only con I have for this keyboard so far. One thing I like about this keyboard is that while typing, it is silent! Also the keyboard is made of a silicone substance and is pretty comfortable to type on. I have tested it on only one game so far and that was Unreal Tournament 2004. I was able to easily maneuver around an tear up. I didn't really have a problem with the keys while playing. While playing I noticed the keyboard was about 2-3 inches wider than my last keyboard so i had even more limited mouse movement. The solution to this problem was for me to just fold part of the keyboard under itself and it freed up a lot of space and worked really well lol.

Has anyone else used this keyboard with any good or bad comments? For only $10 I would say it's definitely worth it.

It sounds like the keyboard in Live Free or Die Hard that the 'good' hacker uses.

Have you tested its water resistance?...a fish tank, maybe? :D

It sounds like the keyboard in Live Free or Die Hard that the 'good' hacker uses.

Have you tested its water resistance?...a fish tank, maybe? :D

i was seriously thinking about bringing a tub of water over and setting the keyboard in it and using it under water... I don't know how well it would actually go over though lol

They are water proof.... most definitely.

That being said, I can't stand to use one. Horrid to type on at a regular speed and not comfortable at all either.

Also, the last time I had to use one... we had a couple of them that rarely ever got used and one of them just stopped working.

I got one for my wife a few years ago. She loves it and I don't. I hate trying to type on that thing. I don't think we have the same brand as yours but the concept and design are the same.

Yea I was working at a shop and some lady brought in her little 11" sony laptop (those $2000 ones) and one of those keyboards because she spilled wine on the keyboard that was in the laptop and it wasn't working... so I tried out that rubber keyboard and it was awful... It was so much more work to type on one of those... but I figure if you're in a situation where you need a waterproof keyboard / super foldable/portable it could make sense...

It's amazing how one of the best keyboards to type on is like 20 years old... the one I'm using is 15 years old and still types like new.

Back