Omnistor SE3016 & Drive Serial numbers.

Doug183

n00b
Joined
May 8, 2014
Messages
4
I have used the Rackable Omnistor SE3016 for over a year now with FreeNAS 8.3.1 and they work quite well. 3 boxes linked together, 3x 10 drive RaidZ2 pools.

I have used it with FreeNAS 8.3.1 but the problem is I can not see the serial number of the drives in CLI or WebGUI which makes trouble shooting difficult. It could be my HBA (some 2 port LSI flashed into IT mode or the expander cards will not pass that info OR its FreeNAS which has always been problematic with serial numbers.

So my question:

Is there a configuration where you can see the serial numbers? If so:

What version of FreeNAS or NAS4free are you running?
What HBA?

Thanks
Doug
 
Why are you still using 8.3.1? There are a lot of improvements in the 9.x branch.

M1015 (LSI2008)
FreeNAS 9.3

Works perfectly and iirc always has. Perc 6/ir (LSI1068E) works as well.
 
I don't run FreeNAS but OpenIndiana, with one 9240-8i=>9211-8i and one M1015=>9211-8i, and 4 Rackable Omnistor SE3016 hooked to them, I can get the serial numbers fine. Also works with the rackable daisy chained.
 
I run FreeNAS-9.2.1.8-RELEASE-x64. With the web interface one of my SSDs directly attached to my Dell H310 (flashed to LSI-9211-8 IT) and two HDDs in my SE-3016 show no serial. I can however pull the numbers from smartctl in a command line.
 
Back
Top