OmniOs Server does not Power Off

N Bates

Limp Gawd
I wonder if anyone knows how to fix this issue, I am using a Simerec IR Receiver to turn the OmniOs server on and off, turning on is not a problem, however, when I send the signal to turm off, I ge the below message on screen but the server does not go off:

NAS poweroff initianted by login on dev/console
NAS rpcbind: rpcbing terminating on signal 15
NAS syslogd: going down on signal 15
updating /platform/i86pc/amd64/boot_archive
updating /platofrm/i86pc/boot/archive
syncing file system...done

then notning, the pc will switch off if I use the remote to turn it off but switch straight back on again, the only way to turn it off is to hard power off by holding the power switch down.

I have also tried turning it off via Napp-it via init 15 and I am getting the same message as above on the console but the server does not switch off.

I have tried BIOS setting to S3 suspend to RAM and S1 without success, is this an OmniOS issue?

poweroff is init 5
- no known problem from OmniOS side

Oh, yes sorry init 5, but still does not switch off, possibly could it be a bios setting, I,ll keep tweeking the bios and see whether I can work out what is causing it, would the command "init 5" from Napp-it switch it off regardless of bios setrtings though?

Depending on the motherboard, I have seen a BIOS setting of “Auto restart after power failure” cause the problem you are seeing.

Great, thank you mwroobel, I will definitely check the bios settings and see whether that one is set correctly, I need to also check that the power button option is set to 4 seconds instead of straight off as aparently that can cuase this issue as well, I will have a try this week end and report back, thanks for all your help.

Back