Omnifi DMP1 20GB Car Media Jukebox

briin79

Limp Gawd
this is todays woot.com offer. its only 139.99 +5 bux for shipping. wireless transfer of music from your home to your car too. omni fi is made by rockford fosgate too.

How difficult is it to install in your? I'm clueless as to how to put it all together. Would i need a professional do it for me?

I was just looking at that but I figured I have my iPod and that is a LOT easier to install and takes up a lot less space too

I bit - in a couple of weeks I'll be working on a job across the bay for the rest of the year, and my current radio sucks. This will help ease the comute :p

for those who bought i think you need an amp for wattage to play your speakers,I dont think it has it built in.

i bit on this when it was the Omnifi car/home bumdle (also came with the DMS1 home audio streamer and wireless adapter)

just beware, this thing works WITH an existing head unit as briin79 was suggesting above.

if you dont have AUX inputs on your head unit, you're going to have to use an FM modulator or figure out how to splice into the factory wiring harness

i cancelled my order already because i fogot i was gonna get a digital camera next week and cant really afford both=p

InYearsToCome said:
i bit on this when it was the Omnifi car/home bumdle (also came with the DMS1 home audio streamer and wireless adapter)

just beware, this thing works WITH an existing head unit as briin79 was suggesting above.

if you dont have AUX inputs on your head unit, you're going to have to use an FM modulator or figure out how to splice into the factory wiring harness

word! what he said

has anyone here had to cancel a order from woot.com?

i orders and cancelled within 3 hours of each other so id figure i wouldn't have to worry and call my credit card on this one

if you look around you can find at tutorial on how to add a larger capacity HDD.

I did when I got the car/home bundle. :D

just FYI,
I bought it about a month ago, and installed it behind the rear seats of my Mazda Protege. I have a carpet covered board which has my 2 amps mounted to it, and the 15" Kicker Comp subwoofer is in the back.

So, that said, I mounted the hard drive vertically, as it suggests in that location. HOWEVER, in my setup, I cannot play music loudly, or else the player skips!

It would work great if you don't have a bumpin' subwoofer, but not many people have inputs on their head unit & don't have a sub.
And, it takes about 1 min for the thing to start up. By the time you scroll down to find a song, you only get to play 1 song before getting to work. guess it wouldn't be so bad waiting if I actually spent that 2 mins warming up the engine before driving. I haven't found the patience to try and sort all the songs yet either. .. . . . that would require me to have their software running when I go through all the songs.

Either that, or make sure you have ALL your ID3 tags up-to-date.

Also, as it requires to be connected to your existing car stereo, you need to have a place to mount the controller faceplate. Basically, it's the same mounting as another head unit, so make sure you have ample room in your dashboard.

on a positive note, it does have playlists.

J Macker said:
just FYI,
... By the time you scroll down to find a song, you only get to play 1 song before getting to work. guess it wouldn't be so bad waiting if I actually spent that 2 mins warming up the engine before driving...
You have a 2 minute commute, you bastard... :p

I average 2 hours...

i bought the 200 dollar combined car and home theatre set....i never opened it...I decided against the whole thing.

I'll sell it at a very slight loss if anyone is interested please e-mail me directly at [email protected]

the stuff is still new in box - - i never even opened it or anything.

J Macker said:
just FYI,
I bought it about a month ago, and installed it behind the rear seats of my Mazda Protege. I have a carpet covered board which has my 2 amps mounted to it, and the 15" Kicker Comp subwoofer is in the back.

So, that said, I mounted the hard drive vertically, as it suggests in that location. HOWEVER, in my setup, I cannot play music loudly, or else the player skips!

It would work great if you don't have a bumpin' subwoofer,

I installed mine saturday to the underside of the passengers seat and I do have a bumpin' subwoofer. My car does at least 140db on the dashboard.... way more in the back. Like it says in the instructions, you need to mount it to something SOLID. That flimsy board is not what I would call solid. Also, it states that mounting it near/on a subwoofer box is a bad idea.

I used M4 bolts & nylock nuts with rubber washers to mount mine. Hasn't skipped yet.

And as a bonus, I found a quarter under the passenger seat after I unbolted it so I could do the install. :D

J Macker said:
but not many people have inputs on their head unit & don't have a sub.
And, it takes about 1 min for the thing to start up.

Thats a bit of an exaggeration. Its not instantaneous, but it doesn't take a whole minute. I have about 15GBs loaded into mine right now.

J Macker said:
I haven't found the patience to try and sort all the songs yet either. .. . . . that would require me to have their software running when I go through all the songs.

Either that, or make sure you have ALL your ID3 tags up-to-date.

Their software does suck for editing ID3 tags... it takes a VERY long time to process ID3 tag updates. So I just use Mp3 Tag Tools v1.2.008

J Macker said:
Also, as it requires to be connected to your existing car stereo, you need to have a place to mount the controller faceplate. Basically, it's the same mounting as another head unit, so make sure you have ample room in your dashboard.

You can take the angle brackets off and just double-stick tape the mounting plate to the dashboard.... or just leave it loose if that suits you. I have mine loose for now... I'm waiting for a new headlight switch to come in so that I only have to tear the upper dash apart once! Once that gets here I'll be pulling the cable for the display through the hole where my clock is now and double-stick taping it to the dash over the hole.

Tiny said:
if you look around you can find at tutorial on how to add a larger capacity HDD.

I did when I got the car/home bundle. :D

Don't suppose you know if a Seagate 100GB drive will work in this thing? The tutorial I found lists 60GB as the largest tested drive.

Anyone find out anything more about this? I'm interested and am considering purchasing wanted to know if anyone has heard or had any experience with this....; that link was very helpful though.

Back