• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Omnibook 900B Display issue.

drx9175l

n00b
Joined
Mar 17, 2005
Messages
10
My wife's laptop no longer displays an image on the LCD. It started about a month ago. She turned it on and Win98se booted normally, POST data showing. Within a few seconds of reaching the desktop a small white blob emerged in the bottom right hand corner of the screen. It quickly spread until the entire screen was blank. Restarting the unit only caused the process to repeat. Same with closing then opening the lid. This continued until recently. Now nothing is displayed at all. Nothing during boot-up, nothing in Windows. The backlight appears to be working fine, as the screen gives off plenty of glow in a darkened room. I disassembled the unit and checked for any obvious problems - loose wires, cracks, foriegn debris, etc. I found nothing. At the same time I took down the model number of the LCD: AA121SJ23. Online I found new replacement panels for as little as $100 with shipping. I'm capable enough to do the swap myself. My concern is that there may not be anything wrong with the display and replacing it might not solve the problem. I'm hoping someone might have an idea of what's gone wrong and has a possible solution. Thanks.
 
Back
Top