OMG SKYRIM!!

Seeing as it's 11:11 p.m. here, it certainly does not come out tommorrow :p

You guys are such a Buzzkill.

KazeoHin. The correct response would have been , "YES" or "I can't Wait" or even "Yay!"

Already out in Australia, just walked past an EB selling it. Don't know if the PC version is unlocked on steam though.

Bid farewell to all your friends and family. Probably won't be seeing them this Christmas :p

So ebgames here in New Zealand has a midnight opening for Skyrim... I have my copy sitting right in front of me here at my PC.

GpAnn.jpg

FML :(

So ebgames here in New Zealand has a midnight opening for Skyrim... I have my copy sitting right in front of me here at my PC.

GpAnn.jpg

FML :(

Damn, that sucks. Its annoying when people forget Australia is in its own timezone, it must be worse for you kiwis. :(

According to my Steam page... "This game will unlock in approximately 1 hour". I myself, unfortunately, haven't bought the game to test it yet, too snowed under with work to even consider playing it. I'd love to hear if any other Aussies have it unlocked when the clock strikes midnight in about 40 minutes.

Damn, that sucks. Its annoying when people forget Australia is in its own timezone, it must be worse for you kiwis. :(

According to my Steam page... "This game will unlock in approximately 1 hour". I myself, unfortunately, haven't bought the game to test it yet, too snowed under with work to even consider playing it. I'd love to hear if any other Aussies have it unlocked when the clock strikes midnight in about 40 minutes.

Starcraft II got the midnight release treament here as well, and didn't unlock for another 27 hours...

Seeing as it's 11:11 p.m. here, it certainly does not come out tommorrow :p

Technically yes it will. You are in Arkansas right? So the game is supposed to unlock in the us at 12:01 Estate. Which is 11:00 PM your time, right? You know once you go and buy the game, today, because you really want to. :eek:

Well, apparently the game is out now...

Any Aussies/Kiwis started playing it yet?

skyrimd.png

Not gonna lie despite never finishing Morrowind or Oblivion I'm still excited.

^^ I hope so buddy, we could use some good news.

I think you and some others around here probably "know" me well enough by now that I'll give you all the honest skinny when this thing hits.

Obviously I'm not expecting anywhere near a perfect game, especially a new Bethesda game out of the box. By most accounts...I've deliberately avoided spoilers and media and I'm amazed that I've made it...the PC version clearly looks and runs better than the console versions and within the first week or two I know I'm going to see a few nice mods to round out some edges.

I already looked at the file structure in my Steam preload and I see the Data folder and the ESM files just like old times so I'm feeling pretty good about this. Whatever flaws this game has I think the mod community will be able to move fairly quickly to fill in any gaps. I expect to be using DarnUI within a week's time if I had to place any bets. :)

Worse case scenario: 8/10 out of the box and mods and patches steadily make that score rise just like the Fallout games and previous TES games. I think this game is going to be better than Oblivion and possibly by an appreciable amount.

So was Borderlands. And I still put close to 200 hours on it :).

It was done right and got good support. The PC version of Borderlands today, especially with the likes of this sort of thing: http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=85874

...easily stands head and shoulders over its console bretheren. I think I got at least 100 hours out of that game myself.

Now folks, let's get real here: http://www.skyrimnexus.com/

See that?

^^ Keep a close eye on that page after tomorrow and think about just how quickly and how much better this game is going to get once that takes off.

I'm not worried about this game's prospects at all and frankly I'm going to ask people that aren't interested in the game to please not troll the thread with garbage. That's a problem on this forum, in general.

I'm going to wait out the first couple of days, and if it turns out to be as awesome as I hope it will be, I'll have to order up a new CPU first.

I enjoyed Oblivion well enough I suppose but I can't get all that excited about this one for some reason.

I enjoyed Oblivion well enough I suppose but I can't get all that excited about this one for some reason.

I really do think it's going to be better than Oblivion across the boards. That's the take I've gotten from everything but obviously we'll all find out for sure soon enough.

I really do think it's going to be better than Oblivion across the boards. That's the take I've gotten from everything but obviously we'll all find out for sure soon enough.

Well this one is easy for me. My girlfriend and her brother will definitely both pick this game up. I can watch them play it and see if I'd be interested in it.

Oh man, the day at work tomorrow is going to be such a pain knowing that Skyrim is right there waiting in my computer...

Oh man, the day at work tomorrow is going to be such a pain knowing that Skyrim is right there waiting in my computer...

I took off for it :D

Going to pick it up at gamestop tonight @ midnight, grab a few cases of beer and not stop till sunday night lol

I took off for it :D

Going to pick it up at gamestop tonight @ midnight, grab a few cases of beer and not stop till sunday night lol

I would too, but since one of my co-workers reported sick just today and I am the only other one who can use the computer controlled buffing machine effectively at the moment, that is kinda out of the question.

Damnit, this is exactly the kind of time when I do NOT appreciate the thought that I am important and needed! :D

Show me one AAA game released in the last few years that is not a console port. PC version gets modding tools so the console elements can be edited out anyway.
Relic RTSs, SC2, Total War series, Civ.

Ok ok, all of those were strategy games :(.

seems like pirates won, it is cracked already today

hope that wont affect sales much

seems like pirates won, it is cracked already today

hope that wont affect sales much

It won't.

I'm surprised it took them this long.

Did the console versions, either one of them, get it, too?

Mine waiting on my Steam account to be decrypted... I don't work on Friday's so, tomorrow, it's 5am Skyrim time for me...

Back