OMG-Silverstone TJ07-Sweet

What is really nifty is that the whole motherboard assembly can be switched around so you have a semi-BTX case format. If the TJ07 was comming out in a week or so, I would definatly snag it up as my CM Wavemaster case is getting too cramped and I'm seriously looking at the TJ06 for a nice step up. The reversable motherboard tray will be nice as it would free up enought space on the top of the case so that the two top 120mm fans can facilitate a double-120 radiator for watercoolling. Also, the dual 120 fan mounts on the drive cage would make a nice mounting location for a second double-120 radiator. I can see this case being the case of choice for many watercooling fanatics. :)

its also around 300 bucks, very very expensive.

i believe its coming out soon

2 emails from them -

Code:
Hi,

this case will be in the USA by the third week of December 
it will come in two colors Black and Silver
the price should be around $300

Joel

Code:
Dear Sir,

We will start the shipping next week.

I think you can purchase it in USA before December 20th.

Regards

im just hoping something like this will be cloned by another company for significannly cheaper.

Asian Dub Foundation said:
say hello to water cooling!
You're joking, right? The CM Stacker 830 has space for four 120mm x2 radiators. The TJ07 looks much prettier though. It might come down to price for me, or reviews.

EDIT: The indsides don't look too amazing. This has nothing on the P180's guts.

Hard911 said:
Wait for Thermaltake :)
Wait for TT? you HAVE seen the lian li pc v1000 right? id LOVE to see your excuse as to why thermaltake isnt allowed to steal a product but silverstone is

-_- TT bashers = pathetic

I couldn't be happier with my TJ-06, but I just think I've found it's replacement! One other thing, does it seem to you guys that no one talks about Silverstone? That amazes me, because they make some really good stuff, IMO. Again, thanks for the link!

JetUsafMech said:
One other thing, does it seem to you guys that no one talks about Silverstone?
It's probably the same reason there is little talk about Soldam cases--most of them are too expensive for the majority of the people here.

xonik said:
It's probably the same reason there is little talk about Soldam cases--most of them are too expensive for the majority of the people here.
that's BS. people love to talk about the v1000 and 2000 lian lis. the tj07 won't be priced any higher than those when it actually hits the market. besides, people love to talk about $700 video cards and $300 water cooling setups.

That case is soo beautiful, but I dont know if I would ever shell out 300 for it

After many many months of searching for the perfect case (for my needs) I finally found it. Thanks for the link.

BoySetsFire said:
that's BS. people love to talk about the v1000 and 2000 lian lis. the tj07 won't be priced any higher than those when it actually hits the market. besides, people love to talk about $700 video cards and $300 water cooling setups.

The thing is people dont see cases as significantly needing a large investment, as you wont see nearly as much of a direct performance increase when compared to a new video card or water cooling setup. You might as well string your parts together on the floor with a big fan pointing at them and youd have much better airflow, and what youll be starting at most of the time is the monitor, not the case.

That thing is gonna sound like a leaf blower sitting on your desk. For 369 bucks it better serve me fresh brewed coffee in the morning and give me a 100% accurate weather report.

I dont really like the roundness of it, I see they were trying to mimic the V1000 Lian-lis but its jsut too much rounded on the front...

120mm all around would have been nice too

well looking at it again, its not as round as i thought from the first pic. I like it now

0mega said:
Wait for TT? you HAVE seen the lian li pc v1000 right? id LOVE to see your excuse as to why thermaltake is allowed to steal a product but silverstone isnt

-_- TT bashers = pathetic

I agree, that does look relatively close to the Lian li v1000 case. But Thermaltake products just suck....[H]ard

PolarbearBigEd said:
I agree, that does look relatively close to the Lian li v1000 case. But Thermaltake products just suck....[H]ard

yea at least this is a high quality rip off. Allthought it seems to have some usefull features that the Lian-Li dosnt. Its gose both ways though. This SS case is missing some stuff the LL has...

Thermaltake just sux, frinds dont let friends buy TT

JetUsafMech said:
I couldn't be happier with my TJ-06, but I just think I've found it's replacement! One other thing, does it seem to you guys that no one talks about Silverstone? That amazes me, because they make some really good stuff, IMO. Again, thanks for the link!

I agree with you 110%. I had to kick myself in the ass a few times to drop $160 for the TJ-06, so $300+ for a case will be a definate challenge, especially with my mortgage getting in the way.

JetUsafMech said:
The TJ06 has been the case of choice for our shop's higher end builds and I'm personally very interested in the TJ07.
At that price point I wish they had anodized the interior black as well. I like my cases all black....

That case is pretty... So tempting... *imagines 3 watercooling loops with a 120.2 rad on each* :D

Whether its worth upgrading from a lian li pc-v1000 is another question... :eek: :cool:

sprocket said:
The TJ06 has been the case of choice for our shop's higher end builds and I'm personally very interested in the TJ07.
At that price point I wish they had anodized the interior black as well. I like my cases all black....
Wait a sec, do you have a link to a case with a factory painted interior? That would be sweet, if the case rocked...

And who the heck is Soldam? Just testing how new I actually am.

Soldam is a japanese SFF pc maker. THey take Shuttle mobo's and whatnot, and make custom housing for them. They look quite spiffy, but are $$$.

As for the tj-07: At $369, they can very well sod off. If they were charging $269...I'd be all over that like nobodies business. I could eat Ramen for a month for a case like that...after that...well...my blood pressure would start hating me.

-Ghent

Hmmm.....hopefully the price will come down some. Maybe this could be the replacement for my P180 ? I do think it looks better than the CM 830. I'll see what my bonus is like and I see what the reviews say.

M4rk said:
Wait a sec, do you have a link to a case with a factory painted interior? That would be sweet, if the case rocked....
Nope, never seen one.
I was simply pointing out that in a $300+ case I would expect the attention to finish would extend through the entire chassis, not just the exterior skin panels.

Too bad. A black interior finish would make light mods stand out...differently, to say the least.

this case will replace my wave master on the next build. i was looking at the Li Li 2000 but it has the mobo flipped to the opposite side and that killed it for me. i will be DEFINATLEY getting this case in a year or so. maybe even sooner once they make a reivew or 2. i cant wait till they make a window panel for it too.

NACZ3 said:
I think I just filled the cup :p

Finally has more photos:

http://www.silverstonetek.com/products-tj07.htm

I'll agree that the case is VERY nice...and my favorite from Silverstone yet...but it is still too rounded for me, and I HATE the PSU being under the motherboard, except for when the board is flipped upside down like in most newer Lian-Li's. Unless I missed something and you can flip the tray on that thing over so it mimic's the LiLi's design I can't say I'd ever consider it.

goddamnit, i've just finsihed this new build using a custom TJ-05, and this sweet bitch comes out.

I'm getting it, no question

Wally said:
goddamnit, i've just finsihed this new build using a custom TJ-05, and this sweet bitch comes out.

I'm getting it, no question

That's why I'm kinda glad LiLi doesn't put out cases THAT often...'cus if I could I'd be all over every damn one. :p

If I change my case, I would choose Thermaltake Tai-chi. I don't like past TT's products, but I like Tai-chi. I don't do lanparty , so this heavy case is atractive for me.

Considering water cooling kit , I think tai-chi is not so high price.

Back