OMG, please help me im going crazy!

xnikx

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Oct 25, 2006
Messages
1,730
I am about to break my soundcard!
I have a evga 680i mobo and a Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic 7.1 Channels PCI Interface Sound Card.

I currently have it at the pci slot nearest the top.

A long time ago i moved a to the bottom pci slot so my 8800GTS would have more room to breath. Everytime i turned on my comp i would only get static and would have to reseat my soundcard and restart.

So i moved it back to the top pci slot but recently the static started on the top pci slot aswell. So now it happens in both slots.

I have tryed reinstalling.

Please help me!
 
So, you'd get immediate static when you first boot, but that is resolved with a re-seat, and it's the same situation in both slots? Or do you get static regardless of whether or not you've reseated?

In both cases, it seems like it could be a defective card, possibly having something to do with power. I would check for any mobo BIOS updates that might be relevant. Otherwise, give Creative a call.
 
ones i sign in, instead of the start up sound i just get static and it countinues untill i reseat.

idk alot about bios would u be able to help me find the update?
i just installed latest drivers for my soundcard.
 
I think this is what you'll need. Interestingly enough, this is listed:
Improves X-Fi and internal audio functionality
You need to confirm that this is the right BIOS before you attempt to flash. Don't do anything until you're certain.
 
hmm
it sayd this
We're sorry, but the drivers you are searching for are not available. Please contact our Tech Support at 888/881-EVGA (3842) or through our Tech Support Form.
 
I remember quite a few guys having issue with those 680i based mobo's. I am unsure if the issue was fixed with a Bios update but it could have been becasue it was a issue with the Mobo and NOT the X-fi. MAN be carful if your unsure how to flash a bios. If you do it wrong your gonna end up with a very fancy paperweight...;) I would think there would be a bios update to fix the issue though by now...
 
Then go here and select your motherboard.

Updating the BIOS is a complex thing, and I just can't hold your hand for that. You're going to need to fill in some of these gaps yourself.
 
i rly dont want to mess anything up.
do i go to bios updates/ nf68 - intel?
 
680i has nothing to do with Intel. If your going to do a bios update, go to the manufactures site fo the motherboard, that is where you will find bios updates. Bios updates are simple, just dont loose power while doing it

PS: 680i is Nvidia however bios updates are provided by the manufacturere of the board itself since it affects more than the chipset
 
Which is why he's already been directed to the EVGA site and not the Intel site.
 
Back
Top