OMG my vid card is melting... pics :p

i reseated the card and it reports this now(normal for my water cooling) oddest thing is it didi it even after rebooting

41C on water cooling? isnt that a bit high for water?

i get 42C on a cheap/ghetto/homemade pci fan... but then, i am only running a 6600gt.. no o/c

its a bit hot because of the prescott, and the fact that i only have 1 120 mm fan cooling the whole thing the raditor gets warm to the touch so it certainly needs more cooling, i need to buy another fan, on the topic of water, thats right after my cpu, and load temp is 48C, i would like to see a 6800 ultra do that temp on air...
i do have it at ultra voltage, i modified the bios so heat wise its a 6800 ultra additionaly, my room is ~80-90 degs F right now

BigDaddy85 said:
Wow that's very high, thx god it didn't melt @ all.
lol its a glitch because the card got jarred into not having a good connction with the mobo i guess

Funny enough it got to an insane 105F today here. So I wanted to see just how good the airflow in my case is, this is with a Nv Silencer on it, but the fan is unplugged. Yeah yeah I know, stupid, but I was curious. :p

hotMedium.jpg

and here i was halfway hoping to see someone else with neat pics of burned PCB and a scorched die.......

i would have felt all sympathy, however it would be nice not to be the only one on here any more.

Hmmm, weird thing I just tried. Instead of using Rthdrbl I opened up Riviatuner and record the temps and when into CS:S and gamed for a bit with the fan off on the Silencer, got out of it after about 30 minutes of playing and not noticing any slow downs or artifcats so I figured it was okay, but anyway I looked and it seems CS:S only pushed the core up to 85C with the off on the Silencer. Rthdrbl pushes my temps so much higher than anything else for some reason.

How did you manage to get your X800 XT that hot? Shit dog.

At full load (running ATi Tool, running Doom 3, running folding at home), I could only get mine to a max of 45*C. Although it idles at something like 41*C. Thats stock cooling too.

So how you managed to get that hot, I have no idea.

Hahahaha, funny story. Back when I had a 9800 XT, the pump for my watercooling quit on me (fixed it afterwards), and I hadn't realized it. Then all my programs on my computer started causing errors and shit, so I thought "WTF." then I opened up MBM 5 and I realized my CPU was running at 71*C, the look on my face was like =O. I dare not look at my GPU temp. It must have been beyond 100*C because the thing ran at a constant 58*C-63*C idle on water cooling.

Ok, shit. ROFL at me, I just realized there was a - in front of the 87. Damn you.

well if you wernt looking at your vid card what would the first thing youd think of when you saw that for a temp, while you have screen dissortion from the drivers after crashing out of a game

you guys cant take a joke, i inferred it was a joke in the title wih the :p

ryuji said:
you guys cant take a joke, i inferred it was a joke in the title wih the :p

I was just bein an asshole :)

I got a friend lives in Abington. I grew-up in Needham before I bolted to Hawaii

JL_Audio_User said:
I was just bein an asshole :)

I got a friend lives in Abington. I grew-up in Needham before I bolted to Hawaii
does he game; me and my friend run a lanparty here and now that my water cooling and prescott is setup we should have a lan party as soon as my other friend gets his a64 rig up

ryuji said:
does he game; me and my friend run a lanparty here and now that my water cooling and prescott is setup we should have a lan party as soon as my other friend gets his a64 rig up

I'm not sure :confused: Havent spoken to him in a while. I'll ask him the next time I speak to him.

Back